Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon collection

tag
tictoc
Contributor

Verizon collection

I need some help.  Last year around April my sister (authorize user) closed my Verzion Fios account and fast forward today, she didn't pay it and its on my credit report.  The collection is still with Verizon and of course they are impossible to deal with so should I even bother and pay it since its still going to show up on my credit anyway?

Starting Score: Ex: 580 EQ: 608 myfico TU: 585
Current Score: Ex: 694 fcr.com EQ FICO: 663 TU: Unk
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon collection

@tictoc wrote:

I need some help.  Last year around April my sister (authorize user) closed my Verzion Fios account and fast forward today, she didn't pay it and its on my credit report.  The collection is still with Verizon and of course they are impossible to deal with so should I even bother and pay it since its still going to show up on my credit anyway?

If its updating every month it will keep your Fico depressed.

Message 2 of 6
tictoc
Contributor

Its not updating every month

Starting Score: Ex: 580 EQ: 608 myfico TU: 585
Current Score: Ex: 694 fcr.com EQ FICO: 663 TU: Unk
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon was updating every month for me for five years until I settled for 30 cents on the dollar. They marked it as settled in full. I'm going to wait 6 months and then I'll start asking for a GW delete.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have luck with GW please let me know. .I've gotten nowhere with Verizon these last 2 weeks. .even through executive office. I may just have to wait for it to fall off in 2018
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you have luck with GW please let me know. .I've gotten nowhere with Verizon these last 2 weeks. .even through executive office. I may just have to wait for it to fall off in 2018

I will let you know.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.