Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon deleted!

tag
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Verizon deleted!

Yippee!  I am not sure which tactic worked:  We had a Verizon home telephone bill that went to collections after we moved out of state--$54.95.  I paid the collection agency Oct of 2007 before I knew about pfd's. On March 8th,  I wrote a gw letter throgh planet feedback, submitted a gw letter through Verizon's website, and sent one via email to the CEO of Verizon.  I never heard anything back except a standard email from the customer service dept saying they had received my email and it was being sent to their financial department.  I checked all 3 reports this morning and it is gone.  Thanks again forum!  They are slowly being knocked off one by one....Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon deleted!

Nice Job, i think its time to send off my Verizon GW's again! Shot them down first time! You give me hope!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 14
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

h how long have youbeen dtryingRe: Verizon deleted!

Hey smarter how long had you been trying for GW for verizon? I just send out the emails just as you did! Hoping i have the same results! Thanks !

Message 3 of 14
Smarter
Regular Contributor

I sent all of them on March 8th.  The account was still there a week ago when I checked, and it was gone as of today...

Message 4 of 14
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

DId you ever receive phone calls? Before today  i had sent a GW letter through regular mail, i believe to the FOLSOM, CA address. Today i get a call from a lady, wanting to talk about the account.

Message 5 of 14
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Hmmm..I am not aware of any calls.  No messages were left--I never answer my phone if I don't recognize the number.  Is the account paid?  I wonder what she would want to talk about...??

Message 6 of 14
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

a detRe: Verizon deleted!

Well from what i gathered she could be the one to authorize a deletion. She seemed to be a very nice lady, and willing to help. I'm going to have my mom call her tomorrow, i hope my mom doesnt screw this up she has no clue about this stuff!

Like i said before they couldnt find the account, she asked for SSN and then i believe she found the account but she would not say!

I'll keep you updated!

Message 7 of 14
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Re: a detRe: Verizon deleted!

Good luck--I will hope for good news!

Message 8 of 14
benben7
Regular Contributor

Good morning and congrats on getting the Verizon removed. I had one just like yours. Would you mind sharing with me what you did, letters or contact information would be great.I have been working on this off and on for about a year. The funny thing with mind reporting is that on Experian shows it current while EX and TU shows potential negative.

Any help or tips contacts would be great.

benben7

Starting Score: TU 675 EX 643
Current Score: TU 702 EX 677
Goal Score: TU 730 EX 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
sharpie
Regular Contributor

Congratulations. I have the same situation.

If you would not mind sharing your contacts with me in PM I would be very grateful!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.