Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon deleting a CO...

tag
jenrhi
New Contributor

Verizon deleting a CO...

Just got news today that Verizon is going to delete a charge off balance of $178 from all three of my cbrs!

I attempted to open a landline service with them back in 1998 that never worked and they billed me for a few months. I refused to pay since I never was able to  use the account.

FINALLY, the corp office just called me and advised they are going to remove it !! I am soo happy.

Any input as to what impact this may have on my report? It was listed as opened 04/08-reported 09/11 and last active 06/11 tho I think that info is innacurate since it was on my credit bureaus i pulled in May 2011.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Verizon deleting a CO...

Congrats !!  That's great news ~ it should have a positive impact on your FICO scores, although we really can't say how much. 

It depends on what else is on your CR, are there other CO or collections ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
jenrhi
New Contributor

Sorry-that info would help huh? :Smiley Happy

This was the only chargeoff-

I do have 5 seperate medical collections that were all paid in full back in Mar 2011 and have been updated as such.

One outstanding med collections from 5-11 that i just dicovered and am currently working to try and do a PFD.

I had a bank  chp 7 discharged in 9-08.

Positive notes,

I have one personal loan paid in full-no lates

One open personal loan-almost paid off-on time everytime

One car loan opened in 10-11-paid on time every time

1 secured card opened last year-paid ontime every time

1 unsecured opened last year-paid ontime every time

In the interest of trying to build score, I just had my father add me to his citibank card, he pays in full every month and has been opened since 1991 and I also applied and was approved for a $750 unsecured card.

When I had a trimerge pulled thru a mortgage lender, they report too many inquires and  below are my scores

Experian-635

Equifax-596

Transunion-588

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Ok ~ based on the fact that there are other negatives I don't think that you will gain many points. You might get a few points but that's all I would expect.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.