Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon did not sign for OC Letter!`

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Verizon did not sign for OC Letter!`

I sent them the OC letter this past week and USPS attempted to deliver on 7-17 but no one signed for it?

I sent it to the PO Box 1850, FOLSOM, CA 95673 is it because its a PO BOX, i never had any trouble before!

tahnks
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon did not sign for OC Letter!`

A post office box address should not make a difference when sending something CMRRR.  There has to be someone picking up the mail! 

I guess you could send it Priority Mail.....where the USPS truck would deliver it to the OCs physical address.  It might be a little pricey....but it would get the job done.
Message 2 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

well i spoke with our post office they said they have 15 days to sign for the letter! Then it will be returned to sender!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The post office should leave two or three "delivery" notices to the recipient during that period of time.  If they do not sign for it within the alloted time....you may not have to do anything but present the "proof" to the CA that you attempted to settle the matter "to no avail"????? 

That might work. 

Not signing for CMRRR is not an excuse for failure to comply with the law.

Example:  Attorney sends you a CMRRR letter advising he will be filing suit within 10 days if your account is not "Paid in Full".  You don't sign for the letter.....legally the attorney has notified you and he/she will file suit, whether you signed for the CMRRR or not!!!

This might actually work out very favorably for you!  Try to get the post office to give you "documentation" of the attempted deliveries.

Message Edited by kidshelper on 07-18-2008 10:10 PM

Message Edited by kidshelper on 07-18-2008 10:47 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of this happening quite often especially with CA.

One way I have heard that works is to write payment enclosed on the letter.

I agree it's pretty sneaky but then so are these OCs and CAs

Of course I can't say if it works or not just something I have heard about.
Message 5 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Smiley Winkthey signed for it today...thanks guys!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.