Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon removed wrong charges but didnt delete collection

tag
KCC100
New Contributor

Verizon removed wrong charges but didnt delete collection

Hello beautiful community, I hit collection by Verizon wireless a while ago. They posted a collection account on my Experian Credit report, I disputed and Experian deleted the file. Verizon also posted an account/installment on my Transunion CR report, I also disputed but account came back as verified.

Verizon was claiming that I had a cellphobe account with them and I cancelled the account without paying them. Interestingly I had one cell account with Verizon and I still have it. I never cancelled Verizon account before.

Anyhow I called Verizon 3 weeks ago and I told them the issue. The representative said that She removed the charges and made the account zero. She said there was billing error and I fixed the issue. She sent me an email showing that the balance is adjusted and corrected. Not only that but also I recorded our conversation as it is legal in Washington state.

So now I checked my credit today and instead of deleting negative and the fake account they simply said zero balance. What should I do? Shoud I sue them since this is a fake account and they admited.

Thanks for your advice.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Verizon removed wrong charges but didnt delete collection

Under what name is the separate collection reporting?

Message 2 of 5
KCC100
New Contributor

The collection is Verizon Wireless them selves.
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then they stated that they referred to their internal collections department, and it is not a third party collection.

If they acknowledge that the debt was never delinquent, then the reference to collection would only be proper if the debt were delinquent.

I would call the rep and explain that, while the billing issue was corrected, the issue of credit reproting was not.

If they wont informally correct, then send in a dispute to the CRA, along with your supporting documentation that they acknowledge there was no delinquency upon which to base the adverse reporting.

Message 4 of 5
KCC100
New Contributor

Credit companies removed this stupid collection account after I sent them a letter.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.