Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon trying to get over on me?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Verizon trying to get over on me?

I sent them the OC letter about a week or more ago, today i receive a letter from them that reads:

"Dear Mr. Customer:

Verizon Wireless has received correspondence regarding your account that purports to be signed by you; however, the letter suggest is may have not been written or signed by you.

Yor privacy is very important to Verizon Wireless, and we take all possible precautions to prevent identity fraud.

We therefore request that if you have any concerns about your Verizon Wireless account, you may contact us directly at 1-800-852-1922.

Verizon will address any concerns you may have promptly and in compliance with our agreement with you and all federal and state laws."

Sincerely,
Verizon Wireless

Should i respond to this letter or send another OC letter and definitely make sure that everything is correct i think i will have my mother signed the envelopes this time or from now on!

Also VZW mentions that the letter they received may have not been signed by my mom...we always type the name and never actually sign it...so i dont know where they are getting that from!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 08-01-2008 10:14 AM

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 08-01-2008 10:14 AM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon trying to get over on me?

My mom called...and VZW thinks they she has someone working to clean her credit up...they said that whatever letter the "company" sent did not have her signature on it so thats why they sent that letter!

I think its just a way of them trying to get out of providing the information requested in the OC letter!

The account was charged off in 03 or 04 and its paid, so they may not have the info. We also asked if they could send us the letter  and they refused!
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

When I first started to go after them, they sent the same form letter. Ignore it.

Per repair, calling is always a good option. I learned quite a bit on how they operate.
Message 3 of 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea i felt its one of their tricks! They have nothing i suppose!
Message 4 of 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ok, should i send another OC letter to verizon? Since they have not presented me with any information pertaining to an investigation on this particular account?

Also i sent an OC letter to HSBC Auto, the same time as verizon and they have not responded either, they have until the August 15 to do so, my question is, if they dont respond what should i do?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.