Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon - you (EXPLETIVE DELETED)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Verizon - you (EXPLETIVE DELETED)

Time for round 8 with Verizon.  Ive taken some time off and I'm about to start another round of GW letters to them.  For those that do not recall, I have been battling them over a $109 paid charge off since June last year.  Ive even gotten them so mad that their EO has told me they will ignore all my correspondence (which they dont because they keep responding to my efforts).

Comments on where to go from here are welcome.  One thing that struck me was how EQ has this reported.  It still says Open and at least 120 days late but then says paid collection.  Here is the current status of my account as listed on USAA.com (Note its a KD on EX):

Verizon Wireless

Potentially Negative

Close Account Details

EX                                           EQ                                          TU

Account Name                  Verizon Wireless                              Verizon Wireless              Verizon Wireless

Account #                            XXXXXXXXXX                               XXXXXXXXXXXX             XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Account Type                    Tele/cellular                                      Open Account                   Open Account

Balance                               (Blank)                                            $0.00                                 $0.00

Date Opened                      7/1/2007                                          7/1/2007                            7/3/2007

Account Status                   Closed                                             Open                                 Closed

Mo. Pay Past Due              (Blank)                                             (Blank)                              $0.00

Payment Status                  Paid, was collection account           At least 120 days late       Payment after CO

High Balance                      $109.00                                           $109.00                             $109.00

Limit Terms                         $109.00 (1 month)                          (Blank)                               (Blank)

Comments                          account in dispute                           Paid collection                   Account info disputed

(EDIT: Corrected error in highlighted text)  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Verizon - you (EXPLETIVE DELETED)

The EQ TL should be reporting in similar fashion to TU and EX.   That makes it look like you are currently late and not the worst delinquency on the account.

Verizon can be extremely hard.  But I have seen successes with them.

Have you tried the planetfeedback route.  There have been a few that had success that way.

Message 2 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Not yet.  Ive tried Executive Relations, midline managers and some other site similar to planetfeedback (dont recall name).  No luck so far.  I'm going to keep at it and see what I can get.  If I dont get any movement then I'll dispute on EQ and see what happens with that.

Message 3 of 8
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Duncan

Be sure and make sure that they are also reporting dofd correctly. My account became delinquent in Oct of 2006 when they sold my account to midland they reported the dofd as 12/31/06. I guess they do anything to have it stay on your report longer also. Experian deleted in November this year. When I called TU they state midland didn't give a specific date in November so they said if it still appears on 11/30/2013 then I have to dispute it which we all know may take another 30 days. Congratulations on all the credit clean up you have done!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would sugest the formal direct dispute route.

Once a party has reported information to a CRA, they have a continued duty under FCRA 623(a)(2) to promptly update their reporting so as to maintain its current accuracy.

Reporting inconsistent current status to different CRAs is prima facie evidence ot lack of accuracy in one or the other, and would require update.

They must respond within 30 days of the direct dispute.

If they continue to verify the accuracy, since the facts appear to speak for themselves regarding account status, I would then file a formal complaint with the CFPB.

As an aside, I would not include account type in a dispute  An Open type account is referencing the type of credit, with open being due upon billing.

Cell accounts are due when billec, and thus are Open type credit.

It is not the same as the account status being Open or Closed.

Message 5 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks Robert.  I know about Open accounts.  I mistakenly highlighted that line instead of the "open" in status line.  I went back and edited my original post to highlight the status and forgot to undue the prior error.  I'm going to try one more round of GW and if that is unsuccessful then I'll go the formal dispute route.

Message 6 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Update:

I filed a dispute and waiting on results.  The dispute is still listed as pending but I pulled my USAA credit reports (I like their service as it has always had accurate info on my CR's -their scoring is FAKO but the info is good).  The account is still listed as 120 days past due in the payment status though.  Because of this, it is the only CR in which I have an account that is listed in deliquent category.

Not sure if EQ or Verizon changed the status to "Closed."

Message 7 of 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Sending some luck your way Ducann.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.