cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very frustrated!!!!

tag
ksthomas30

Very frustrated!!!!

Hi, I have gotten very frustrated and upset with these collections agencies not accepting my pay for deletes. It's almost like they would rather me just settle for pennies on the dollar and it still remain on my credit than accepting all or almost all of the money..... Very confused on this, I know they are just giving me a hardtime but I have literally ran out of time bc Im relocating. So I have decided to just settle $9000 worth of collections for $1500. So the question is, has anyone ever experienced their credit score go up a little once collections are settled, because even though the collections are still on your credit at the same time it reduces your debt ratio? And has anyone had any luck with goodwill letters after settling collections? I greatly appreciate any input, thanks in advance!!

ksthomas30

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rkb84
Contributor

Re: Very frustrated!!!!

I know what you mean I am going through the same crap. This one is particular use to bug me all the time, now that I am making an offor it's like they are just avoiding me.. if they won't do the PFD fine but they won't even aknowldge it or counter offer. It's almost as if they don't even want the money now that I am confronting them about the debt. The other one with Verizon is just pointless, they must take it personal over there or something, same with them though when I started staying on them about settling the money owed they just ignore me, maybe it's just how these places are..

Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Very frustrated!!!!

Of course the best option would have been them accepting the PFDs.  However you're getting rid of $9000 worth of debt for $1500.  And it's gone and won't come back to haunt you.  How long until they fall off your account?  It could be worth it.  After they are paid, hit them with the GW letters!  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.