Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very little Credit, help w/next steps?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very little Credit, help w/next steps?

I am 30 but have just never used credit, always saved and paid cash, I'm responsible with money, have a good income at a job I've been with for years & have been renting my home for years, pulled my credit report and score 517: 2 collections accounts, 1 from a emergency room visit a couple years ago around 5000 & one from Dci for 340, dish network on that one-have dish in my home & have had for years and pay on time but let my mom get dish in my name and she stopped paying her bill=collections w/dci, even though I have dish today and continue to pay on time. Only other thing on report is fingerhut credit line of 130$ I've had about a year and never used. So does anyone have a recommendation on what steps to take now to start building up my score? Do I pay medical in full? Do I negotiate w/ dish? Or dci? What loans/credit cards do I apply for without harming my credit? Thank yall
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very little Credit, help w/next steps?

See if you can negotiate a pay for delete with the Dish Network collection company and possibly look into opening a secured credit card or 2 so that you have a couple more positive tradelines.  Not sure how to handle the Medical collection but someone else here will have solid advice there too.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Very little Credit, help w/next steps?

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.