Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very little progress

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very little progress

For the past month, my scores have stayed the same. Ex score of 615 hasn't moved since June 1. TU score is 591 and hasn't moved since cap 1 auto loan reported the beginning of June. EQ score went from 609 to 600 last week after applying for way fair card.

Not sure what to do to improve besides lower my utilization. Currently it's 76%. I have collections (EQ-2 TU-3 and Ex-3)but lots of negatives 9 across all 3. I sent GW letter and PFD but no one has responded. I sent them once a month.

So after this week, my utilization will decrease to 49% which is good considering it was 100% when I started rebuilding back in March.

Also $10k was paid toward my student loans and according to the myfico my score would increase from 5-15 points with a bigger increase on TU.

I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very little progress

The short answer is: the unpaid collections is the primary reason that's weighing your scores down

In the mean time: expect little increases until what you expect to fall off does, try your best to get a PFD on the other collections, and continue sedning GW removal requests on the other late payments

One last thing: keep your utilization to 29% or less, not just now that you're rebuilding, just be able to keep debt to a manageable level

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can clean up other lower-weighted scoring categories, such as ultilization of credit, but until your file is absent major derogs, the highest weighted category of payment history will be scored under a less favorable algorithm ("scorecard") that will normally prevent significant score improvement until your file is clean of all major derogs.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For the past month, my scores have stayed the same. Ex score of 615 hasn't moved since June 1. TU score is 591 and hasn't moved since cap 1 auto loan reported the beginning of June. EQ score went from 609 to 600 last week after applying for way fair card.

Not sure what to do to improve besides lower my utilization. Currently it's 76%. I have collections (EQ-2 TU-3 and Ex-3)but lots of negatives 9 across all 3. I sent GW letter and PFD but no one has responded. I sent them once a month.

So after this week, my utilization will decrease to 49% which is good considering it was 100% when I started rebuilding back in March.

Also $10k was paid toward my student loans and according to the myfico my score would increase from 5-15 points with a bigger increase on TU.

I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Lowering your UTI% to under 30% is often the quickest, easiest path to score improvement. Once that is done, its a matter of removal of derogs and TIME.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.