Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria's Secret SCT ****no success****

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Victoria's Secret SCT ****no success****

My scores aren't much better and I got the popup, r u surr you turned off your pop up blocker
Message 11 of 20
smoop88
Regular Contributor

I use to get the pop up Just to see if i still qualified I stoped getting in are your pop ups blocked? Did u recently move?
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

In ever could get it to work either......Scores are higher than yours and I got denied for too many inquiries.....so be careful there........If it's not popping up - there may be a reason (other than PopUps blocked or something).

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't think of that... how many INQs you got?
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Didn't think of that... how many INQs you got?

I had 6 at the time.....ONLY card I've been denied for since I started rebuilding.....funny since so many out here get it through SCT and I couldn't even get it with a cold app and HP!   

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I did it for ships and giggles and I have the thinnest file you ever saw and still got 500
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess Vicky just doesn't know that I actually spend money in their store.  I guess that is my secret! LOL

Apparently I just can't get the cc discounts - I do get email flyers and coupons sometimes tho.  

Message 17 of 20
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Stop thinking of HP like they are Wonka's Golden Tickets. They are *at worst* a temporary issue since they only affect scores for 12 months, and are only visible for 24. If you want a certain card, and your scores are in line just app and get it over with. I've got a dozen on each CRA and I've yet to see one cause a score drop.

I agree Norman.  I took a HP for everything I wanted in my profile.  I could never get the sct for Comenity and had to take the hp's.  I am not really not concerned with hp at all.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took 5/6 months for my Fiancé to get a preapproval pop up. That was with first having a credit score.. nothing. Items drop off and thin file with no score and he gets a pop up!  Weird. 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend of mine had the shopping cart trick pop right up with pre approval for $500 blah blah. He went onto the next page, entered last 4 of social, and than it said "under review we will let you know by letter."

Anyone else ever get this and still get the card? I found a few other threads where it did happen, and they were still approved. Just wnated to ask for him, as he is not on here. I believe he tried calling, but they said they didn't even see an app in their system? Maybe takes time to update? questions are:

1. Anyone have this happen and still be approved?

2. is it indeed a soft pull like I read everywhere?

3. when will their system update so maybe he can call?

Thanks!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.