Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victory with WFNNB!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Victory with WFNNB!!

After months of sending GW letters to WFNNB with no success and not even a reply, I finally go through! I sent a very genuine, honest GW letter via email last Wednesday and that same day, I received a call from a very nice lady on their customer care team. She explained that she had received my letter, understood that we all have hard times, appreciated my honesty and was removing the 30-day late. YAY!!!

Just another reminder to everyone to not give up and keep plugging away!!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Victory with WFNNB!!

Congrats! Never ever give up!

Message 2 of 27
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

ow congrads...Re: Victory with WFNNB!!

Wow, congrats! Are you current with them? If so for how long? I am hoping that they grant me the same thing, so far they have all said no. That Value city Credit card has been a real thorn for me.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ow congrads...Re: Victory with WFNNB!!

Yes, I am current on my WFNNB card and have been for about 16 months. I only had one 30-day late with them and it was from October, 2009.

However, as a result of my long-term high balance, they actually closed the account about the same time I received the 30-day late, so I no longer have a line of credit with them, but still have a balance to pay. Therefore, their incentive to remove the late was small since I'm not really even technically a customer anymore. I think I just caught the right person's attention on the right day. I also explained that the late was preventing me from obtaining a mortgage (along with a few other credit issues), which is true and I know probably pulled at their heartstrings a little. Again, it was just a very genuine and candid letter asking for their help.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may finally have a victory with them as well! It feels good doesn't it?

Message 5 of 27
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Wow! Congrats to you both!

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 27
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

CONGRATS!!!  That's on my list of things to do, lol.  Where did you send your email?  I'm going to need that- it would be greatly appreciated!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score : 498 - 04/01/11
My FICO : 573 - 09/04/11
My FICO : 639 - 11/23/11
My FICO : 663 - 01/04/12
My FICO : 748 - 03/15/12
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 7 of 27
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

@rebuildingaftercollege, where did you send your email to WFNNB?  Any info would be helpful!  Thanks!

Starting Score : 498 - 04/01/11
My FICO : 573 - 09/04/11
My FICO : 639 - 11/23/11
My FICO : 663 - 01/04/12
My FICO : 748 - 03/15/12
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 8 of 27
Gladtobehere
Established Member

Thats wonderful! I am happy for you! You motivate me to keep trying. congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 27
ntg187
Established Member

WFNNB is my mortal enemy.  I have been struggling with them for over 4 years!  Any contact info for these people would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Starting (01/01/11) : Approx 520
Current (11/17/11) : TU-679 / EQ-656 / EX-??
Goal (01/01/13) : >780 (all)

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.