Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Violations-Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Violations-Help

Is a collection company in violation when they put a collecton on your credit report without ever notifying you?

I pulled my son from a daycare over a year ago 5/2009 and paid what was owed. I got an alert on my credit file yesterday that a collection company placed a collectins on my file for $271 but the status reads "closed" date opened 6/2010 placed 7/2010 . I called the collections company left a message on their answering machine no one has called back yet. Called the OC who has no idea wha I am talking about. I even called the orginial daycare center who are all messed up. I just this morning sent an email letter to the VP of the company for help.

I have never recieved a letter or phone call from either the OC or the collection company and I have lived at the same place and have the same telephone numbers is this a violation?

Thanks everyone

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Violations-Help

IMO, No.

However, whether they contact you by phone or whether they report, they still have to mail you a dunning letter and that has to come 5 days after that event. So, if they reported 2 weeks ago, for example, and you still didn't receive a letter, then they are in violation of the FDCPA. Also, I'd pull your CR directly from the CRAs and look for the soft inquiries. Look to see if they pinged you prior to them reporting (likely would have been in June).

I'd DV them now, CMRRR.

The OC doesn't have to send you anything.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Violations-Help

Thank you for the reply! Hopefully the VP will see how crummy that it is and help me. It was just added between July 15 and yesterday so I will see if a letter comes in      the mail in the next few days, but I always thought they had to send you a letter first to give you a chance to dispute it, but oh well I will keep everyone updatedSmiley Happy I also called the government agency that was paying a portion of it and she stated they should have not been able to do that since the "state did pay it for the last month he did attend" and they records to proved it was paid, so I am waiting on a phone call from her supervisor to invetigate it for me and get back with me, keep your fingers crossed.

Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.