Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtuoso Sourcing Verbal PFD

tag
bwaycummins
Valued Member

Virtuoso Sourcing Verbal PFD

I have Virtuoso verbally agreeing to delete 3 collections. They say that the calls are recorded, and want prompt payment with my card. The agent first told me he could not PFD as it was against company policy and it would be reported paid in full. I thanked him for his time and told him I would explore other options.. He then told me to hold while he talked to his manager and said they would accept a paid in full for deletion and would send me a letter stating that after recieving my payment. Should I go out on a limb and trust this guy, or not call him back and mail a PFD letter?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bwaycummins
Valued Member

Re: Virtuoso Sourcing Verbal PFD

btw the open date for this collection was 11/14/2012 and last updated on 1/07/2013. Is it worth doing a PFD on this? Will i see an increase on my score?

Message 2 of 7
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

depends with what is on your report.  but my guess is that you would see an increase since the collection is so recent.

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

Tough call.  I had one of those with another company, and they would only agree verbally.  I asked the guy his full name, and then said "Do you personally promise not to screw me on this?"  When he said yes, I said "Ok, I'll trust you" and paid.  He was suprised as hell, and actually followed up and deleted it.  

Sometimes it's just a roll of the dice.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent been burned by taking their word for it, yet at least lol. 

Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, and you have a legal binding oral agreement.  Like has been said, they normally follow through with these.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 7
fairclok
Contributor

I recently did a verbal PFD with a differenct collection agency because they wouldn't put anything in writing before.     They promised to delete and send a letter confirming they would delete the account.     They lived up to their word and I received the letter.   Still waiting on the Credit Bs to remove the account.  

Starting Score: Sept. 2012 EX FAKO 560; EQ FICO 590; TU FICO 576
2015 Score: Dec 2016 EX FICO 800; EQ FICO 790; TU FICO 810
Goal Score Met 2018: 825 or better on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.