cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Financial-DV received and they keep contacting me--What should my next step be?

tag
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Vision Financial-DV received and they keep contacting me--What should my next step be?

On 3/20/2012 I received a collection notice in the mail from Vision Financial.  They are collecting on behalf of a charged off First Premier account.  On April 2, 2012 I sent them a DV letter which should be considered timely as the 30 days had not expired from when they first sent me the collection letter.  To this date, they have not responded to my DV, but keep calling me regarding this debt.  Isn't that a violation of the cease collection bar imposed when they received my DV request?  They signed the green card on 4/6/2012.  One time when they called, I informed them that I would not speak to them about this debt until I received the debt validation and refused to give them any more information.  They got very ugly with me on the phone and I think I finally just said goodbye and hung up.  I see that they called again this morning.  I was unable to answer the phone, but they never leave a message.  I googled the phone number and it comes back as Vision Financial.  What is my next step if they continue to contact me about this debt without sending validation?  I have also gotten another collection letter in the mail from them dated June 15, 2012 exactly like the first one except it has a different account number, but it is the same account.   It has the same statement "unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice....".  I have sent them another DV request based on this letter and stated that they have never responded to my first DV request.  What should my next step be if they continue to send me collection letters and call me regarding this debt when they haven't responded to my DV requests yet?

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Vision Financial-DV received and they keep contacting me--What should my next step be?

I would send an immediate complaint to the FTC for their violation of the FDCPA 809(b) cease collection bar, and send a cc: to the debt collector.

The FTC will send them an inquiry, and your cc: to them will advise them of your awareness of their violation.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.