Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Repo?

tag
jhoffa34
Established Member

Voluntary Repo?

here is the sitch.  2000 tahoe i bought from a buy here pay here lot and got ROBBED for but at the time i was desperate.  They sold me a $2k bumper to bumper warranty that to this point has covered 0 of the issues the truck has had.  should i let the truck get repo'd so that i can just start fresh and add this bad line to the rest of the bad lines that i have or should i tough it out. its getting expensive to fix it and the car is worth 4thousand less than i owe. 20% apr. right now letting get repo'd is feeling like it makes sense, looking for guidance.

Starting Score: 491 TU 490 EX EQ 510 FreeScore.com
Current Score:
Goal Score: 725 Across the Board
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Voluntary Repo?

I'd tough it out and pay it off sooner. I don't know the balance owed at the 20% APR, but based on a recent car shopping spree, I'd guess that the added interest and fees are far beyond the $4k you are upside down on now. In other words, it'll cost you much more money to let it be repoed vs. just paying it off. Aside from the credit ding for the next 7 yrs, they can sue you'll wind up owing much more and have no car in return. Also don't let being upside down bother you. Whenever a car is financed, you are most always going to be upside down on the loan, unless you are putting down a large %.

Message 2 of 6
jhoffa34
Established Member

i am going to budget harder and just pay it off. i cant afford to add another collection line to my situation, i am moving in the right direction, adding a repo is counterproductive.

Current Score:
Message 3 of 6
afr4life06
Contributor

I will have to agree to paying it off. I am in the same situation. I got robbed for 28% and they werent even helping my credit with on time payments, so i found someone who took over my payments and just added to their payments so i can pay it off faster and also get it out my life. I know it tough becuase you want to know it ok to have it repo'd but like you said it would be taking a huge step back, i almost did it also till finding this site and changed my outlook. Stick in there find some creative way to make it happen and you be glad you did. Good Luck

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 4 of 6
jhoffa34
Established Member

Thank you

Current Score:
Message 5 of 6
klondike
Valued Member

Pay it off. They will come after you legally and you will still have to pay  and then you will have credit issues to deal with for years later. I know, I had a boat repod' and am still paying it off and have the negative trade line.

Starting FICO EQ Score: 597
Current FICO EQ Score: 664
Goal FICO EQ Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.