Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!!!!

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!!!!

I recently paid off an old credit card CO that had my util at 117% (now at 6%), had a collection removed, and opened a new credit card. Gave it some time before I pulled my score again, but when I did I was blown away!!!

I went from 588 to 639! I was nervous about being at 620 by december to house shop. Im still waiting for the winter months to move, but this just takes so much stress off.

thanks to all for the help/advice along the way, this forum really is so helpful to so many people!

Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!!!!

Grats.  I hope to make a similar post in about 60 days regarding the status of my FICO scores.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
journey258
Frequent Contributor

That's great! Have fun house hunting!

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 3 of 7
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Duncanrr: you can do it. Ive been working at this for over 2 years now, my score was 410 when an apt pulled my score and I was so embarassed and ashamed because of the mistakes I made as a teenager.

Today Im 25 and still paying for those mistakes, but the hard work is worth it and paying off.

Keep going and you'll see similiar results im sure Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 4 of 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

Duncanrr: you can do it. Ive been working at this for over 2 years now, my score was 410 when an apt pulled my score and I was so embarassed and ashamed because of the mistakes I made as a teenager.

Today Im 25 and still paying for those mistakes, but the hard work is worth it and paying off.

Keep going and you'll see similiar results im sure Smiley Happy

Agreed and good work!

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 7
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

Great work!! I hope I can say the same!! I just started my first round of Goodwill letters...let's see what happens!!

I hope I have the same result!!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
adio413
Regular Contributor

congrats to you!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.