cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE Engergies looking up court records to fight BBB report?!

tag
amber78
Contributor

WE Engergies looking up court records to fight BBB report?!

WE Energies (Wisconsin Electric) is claiming I owe them money for when I lived in an apartment about a year ago.  I have called and written letters to them several times indicating that I did not live there at the time they are charging me for (they are charging me for Sept-Oct) and I had already moved out a few months prior(in June) (as well as called WE Energies to have it disconnnected).  I finally reported them to the BBB and explained the situation.

In the response to the BBB complaint, WE Energies noted the case number to my divorce proceedings and stated that my address was listed as the place they are charging me for.. never mind the date of the court case (which was BEFORE I MOVED OUT)

Maybe I shouldnt be, but I feel COMPLETELY violated.. here they are snooping around my court records, reading all about my divorce??  WIsh they could keep track of when people moved in and out and called them instead of being total snoops... sorry just venting.

PAST SCORES: Experian FAKO
511 (12/01/13), 591E(05/02/14), 628 (05/07/2014)
CURRENT SCORE: 658 (08/15/2014)
Filed CH7 04/2014 & Discharged 08/2014
Goal Score: 720
In my wallet: CapitalOne Plat. $700 (07/2014), Capitalone QuickSilver $2,000 (09/2014)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WE Engergies looking up court records to fight BBB report?!

@amber78 wrote:

WE Energies (Wisconsin Electric) is claiming I owe them money for when I lived in an apartment about a year ago.  I have called and written letters to them several times indicating that I did not live there at the time they are charging me for (they are charging me for Sept-Oct) and I had already moved out a few months prior(in June) (as well as called WE Energies to have it disconnnected).  I finally reported them to the BBB and explained the situation.

In the response to the BBB complaint, WE Energies noted the case number to my divorce proceedings and stated that my address was listed as the place they are charging me for.. never mind the date of the court case (which was BEFORE I MOVED OUT)

Maybe I shouldnt be, but I feel COMPLETELY violated.. here they are snooping around my court records, reading all about my divorce??  WIsh they could keep track of when people moved in and out and called them instead of being total snoops... sorry just venting.

If you dont want something to be in the public eye it must be sealed... All court records are public except cases that the judge orders sealed.. If you can prove you moved out and they are in fact charging you for something you never used and the BBB has done nothing for you, file a CFPB complaint against WE and its CAs and if this fails just outright sue them for damages..

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.