Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WELLS FARGO GW LETTER INQUIRY

tag
egypt04
New Contributor

WELLS FARGO GW LETTER INQUIRY

Hey all,

Over a month ago I sent a certified letter to Wells Fargo asking to GW the late payments on 4 of my student loans that are current with them. Do I just keep waiting to get a letter from someone or can I call to see if anyone knows anything regarding this issue?

There is a valid enough (I think) reason for the lates so I'm really hoping they'll update my credit reports to show no lates with these accounts. Not sure if I could expect a score bump or not but I would really like to know what steps I should take?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WELLS FARGO GW LETTER INQUIRY

@egypt04 wrote:

Hey all,

Over a month ago I sent a certified letter to Wells Fargo asking to GW the late payments on 4 of my student loans that are current with them. Do I just keep waiting to get a letter from someone or can I call to see if anyone knows anything regarding this issue?

There is a valid enough (I think) reason for the lates so I'm really hoping they'll update my credit reports to show no lates with these accounts. Not sure if I could expect a score bump or not but I would really like to know what steps I should take?

Have you read this thread yet on the Saturation Technique?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Using that method I was able to get WF Financial to do a GW adjustment for me on a 90 day late. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.