Did you mean: 

WF Late Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF Late Payment

Hello all,

I'm new here.

Long story short, I missed a payment on my Wells Fargo Jewlery account in December. I missed the 30 day window by 3 or 4 days. When I realized this, I called and brought the account current immediately. This began reporting as 30 days late a few days ago and has dropped my score pretty bad.

I have tried calling and asking politely for this to removed, but the CSR's are like talking to a brick wall. From reading this forum it seems WF is notoriously hard to deal with. Does anybody have any ideas on how to proceed or am I wasting my time?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: WF Late Payment

When you say your payment was 3 or 4 days late, do you mean from the billing due date?

A late payment does not become reportable to a CRA until the period of delinquency reaches 30 days.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A 30D late hurts the most for the first year -- up to 100 points.  In the second year (12-24 months) it hurts for far less -- up to 40 points or so.  By years 3-4 it hurts for 25-30 points.  Not a big deal except for this year and a very good reminder to stay on top of your accounts (maybe use Mint or another app that aggregates all accounts?).

The best results I've found for goodwill is not to use the phone.  Send a letter.  Some posts on MyFico from years ago said they had luck faxing Wells Fargo with a nicely worded request.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I mean the payment was made 3 or 4 days after the 30 day window.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.