Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB Success...sorta of?

tag
RecoveringShopaholic
New Contributor

WFNNB Success...sorta of?

Okay, a bit confused.  I GW'd back in January WFNNB got 2 "sorry but no letters" and today rec'd alert from my FAKO experian and SW.  WFNNB deleted all my lates but 1 on EX (back from 2005) and Completely cleaned by EQ.  However, my TU is still ugly.  What gives?  Is this slow TU to update or do I need to do something special? 

Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
archieb
Established Member

Re: WFNNB Success...sorta of?

If you just received the alert today, I bet TU is just being late updating. Don't they take a couple extra weeks sometimes? Congrats on the GW; I haven't had any luck yet. Would you mind sending me the address you used to me via pm? Thanks!

Starting Score:(3/2012) EQ 604,TU98 560
Current Score: (4/2012) EQ 612,TU98 595
Goal Score: 700

Message 2 of 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@RecoveringShopaholic wrote:

Okay, a bit confused.  I GW'd back in January WFNNB got 2 "sorry but no letters" and today rec'd alert from my FAKO experian and SW.  WFNNB deleted all my lates but 1 on EX (back from 2005) and Completely cleaned by EQ.  However, my TU is still ugly.  What gives?  Is this slow TU to update or do I need to do something special? 

TU is always 6 days behind my EQ, like clockwork haha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 7
RecoveringShopaholic
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. I will give it some time.  @archieB I sent letters to everyone on the BBB website for my card brand. Im not sure if the persons are the same, I sent to the Card folks for WFFNB/Lanebryant and at WFFNB the general.  Got sorry no letters back from both  Try there, and I will PM you when I am able to.

Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)

Message 4 of 7
RecoveringShopaholic
New Contributor

update:

got a letter from WFNNB that they are going to remove the lates from all 3 bureaus.  I guess TU is taking their sweet time.  Should I dispute or send them a copy of the letter even though WFNNB says that they will be doing so?  I did get an alert from CK that a WFNNB tradeline was removed, however I bought a report and it still shows the WFNNB trade lines.  2 inactive (transfered sold) and 1 active (current/and open w/ the 30 day late)  I so dont get TU...

Message 5 of 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@RecoveringShopaholic wrote:

update:

got a letter from WFNNB that they are going to remove the lates from all 3 bureaus.  I guess TU is taking their sweet time.  Should I dispute or send them a copy of the letter even though WFNNB says that they will be doing so?  I did get an alert from CK that a WFNNB tradeline was removed, however I bought a report and it still shows the WFNNB trade lines.  2 inactive (transfered sold) and 1 active (current/and open w/ the 30 day late)  I so dont get TU...

Just give it time.. Unfortunately, disputing or sending the letter will not help it get deleted.. in fact, the agreement between the credit agency and the furnisher prevents that deletion for payment.. you dont' really ever want to send deletion letters to a CRA

If it doesn't come off, your only recourse is to push WFNNB to make sure they have submitted the deletion to TU..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Wow that's wonderful news.Smiley Happy

You just received this letter from WFNNB? if so, I would at least wait 30days from the date of the letter, to see if the deletes happen.

I would not involve the CRA's just yet. The OC, has helped you this far already, I would keep working with them.

WFNNB maybe waiting until heir monthly reporting date, to delete this item from your CR.

And as rckstrscott said, if you dont see a delete, just call or contact WFNNB.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.