cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU WIN A CREDIT KARMA DISPUTE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU WIN A CREDIT KARMA DISPUTE?

so I have recently gone on a dispute kick on credit karma. Won 4 of the 5 disputes I did. 3 of them were random utilities years old (Comcast, RCN, peoples gas) and surprisingly I won a judgement dispute for $2400 it was an old credit card I had in 2007 that I was sued on about 2 years ago and didn't show up on so I automatically lost and a judgement was filed against me in 2012.

Anyways I won all 4 disputed and they have fallen off my report andy score is now a 505 and slowly rising.

What happens now? Can those debts never be re applied to my credit report? Did I luck out of owing these debts?

I'm sure if I ever re applied for Comcast I'd have to pay the debt which is fine I just want to know if these things are off my report permanently

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU WIN A CREDIT KARMA DISPUTE?

Deletion of informatin as a result of a dispute is not absolute.

It can be resinserted, but additional pre-certification of the accuracy of the information is required before the CRA can reinsert.

Reinsertion restrictions kick in when/if a CRA deletes based on lack of verificatin of accuracy of disputed information.  That occurs when the CRA does not receive a response from the furnisher of the disputed information, and thus the CRA deleted as unverified.

The furnisher can always, at any later time, provide a certification of accuracy of the previously unverified information, and if the CRA accepts that certfification, they (the CRA) can reinsert.  If they reinsert information that they previously deleted as the outcome of a dispute,they must send notice to the consumer of that reinsertion.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.