cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY am I SOOO Stupid?!!? I will NOT apply for anything else until...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHY am I SOOO Stupid?!!? I will NOT apply for anything else until...

I am officially the definition of INSANE!! I keep doing the same thing expecting/wishing/hoping a different result. Bottom line is...I KNOW what I need to do and the first this is STOP applying for credit!!! smh!! So...I have to put it out in the atmosphere then maybe just MAYBE i'll stick to it. So...here it is...I will NOT apply for another single thing until ALL are true...

1. My credit Utilization is 30% or less on ALL accounts (does it have to be all or total? do you see me trying to get out of this already...smh)
  2. My credit scores are at LEAST 650 (current scores: 590/626/614)
  3. My mortgage is reporting current (currently going through a loan modification...on a trial period until February)

ok! there you have it. You all are my accountability partners...whether you asked to be or not! lol

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Re: WHY am I SOOO Stupid?!!? I will NOT apply for anything else until...

I support you! Stay focused and determined and you'll reach whatever goals you have in mind! And I'm sure you're not stupid. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Come and join the Garden Club! Lots of great people on there who share your goal to not app.☺
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So u have the link?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's on this website. This site is broken into different forums and sub-forums. 

myfico forum

credit cards

january garden club

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Thread-January-2017/td-p/4825516

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chuck.

One of the easiest ways to curb apping is to freeze your reports. I live in Texas and I have to pay to freeze them and pay to unfreeze them, so there's less of a motivation to do it as I've placed some self imposed hurdles for myself. Also, the suggestion for gardening was a great idea.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATES Below

@Anonymous wrote:

I am officially the definition of INSANE!! I keep doing the same thing expecting/wishing/hoping a different result. Bottom line is...I KNOW what I need to do and the first this is STOP applying for credit!!! smh!! So...I have to put it out in the atmosphere then maybe just MAYBE i'll stick to it. So...here it is...I will NOT apply for another single thing until ALL are true...

1. My credit Utilization is 30% or less on ALL accounts (does it have to be all or total? do you see me trying to get out of this already...smh)
    • Overall UTI is 17%....I have 6 accounts abover 30% (86%, 84%, 73%, 67%, 57%, 38%)
    • Now:  670/652/675

3. My mortgage is reporting current (currently going through a loan modification...on a trial period until February)
    • Reporting current/pays as agreed since March

ok! there you have it. You all are my accountability partners...whether you asked to be or not! lol

Now what?  I'm afraid to apply for anything.  My wife and are in the process of expanding our business and really need access to credit.  I don't want to pull the trigger too soon.  I can pay the balances down but I'm wondering if my mortgage payment history will trump my scores.
I have done a few soft pulls recently at Lending Club and have been denied due to recent degrogatories and high credit balances, based on a 647 fico (which is now 652).  Credit Karma say my changes for AMEX Blue care is VERY good...also shows my FAKO's at 700 and 692 as well.  I know they aren't real but I really love seeing it.  lol
I also have 10 new accounts...oldest being 11 months...4 of which i'm only an AU and considering removing myself but i'm afraid of how removing the payment history  could do negatively. So....what would your next move be?  Continue waiting?  Get all balances under 30%? Pull the trigger?  We are about to sign the lease in a matter of days..

Message 7 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on sticking to your goal and getting your Utilization down and scores up
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you :-)
Message 9 of 17
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You sound a lot like the former me, and it took a long time to find out I had an addictive personality and the way I handled money/credit was a result of habit. I never got a handle on it until I learned to redirect my addiction toward another end. Habits are formed by doing the same thing over and over again until it IS A HABIT. So I started paying everything as soon as possible...as soon as a new power bill prints, I payed it. It was hard at first. As soon as a credit card charge would post, I paid it. In time, I actually caught myself saying, I wish they would hurry up and print the durned bill...caught myself thinking why does it take so long for the charges to post? Paying everything early and often actually did become habitual...an addiction...just a much healthier one. Charges that stay on any card more than a couple of weeks now actually drive me crazy, I feel constantly compelled to pay it. I now accept that I can never not have an addictive personality, I was also once addicted to gambling. I can however through repeated actions somehow redirect what addiction I have, and use addiction to my advantage.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.