Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHen will these baddies fall off?

tag
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

WHen will these baddies fall off?

Can you please tell me the estimated time these two accounts will fall off my credit report? and will I see a big jump when they do? or are they old enough to not affect me much? Thanks so much

Credit AccountHsbc/Bstby

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Scheduled Payment Amount [?]Industry
Feb, 2013
Oct, 2005
Oct, 2008
$1,500
Revolving
Individual
$0
Television & Radio
Descriptions [?]
  • Consumer disputes after resolution
  • Account transferred or sold

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0Bad debt/collection
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
0 times
Worst Delinquency [?]
None Reported

The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

Credit Account : Southern California Edison!!!
Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Account number [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry
Feb, 2013
Sep, 2008
Jan, 2009
XXXXX5875
$0
Installment
Individual
Electrical Light & Power
Descriptions [?]
  • Paid charge off
  • Utility

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0Bad debt/collection

Worst Delinquency 
[?]
Bad debt/collection

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Re: WHen will these baddies fall off?

these are the only two baddies left on my CR

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Without the DoFD, if there is one, or payment history, I can't begin to say.

Message 3 of 9
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Your EQ report will give you a DOFD....it should be 7 years from that date.   TU and EX do not specifically tell you what the DOFD is, but TU will show an "estimated date" of when it will fall off.   EX may show when it will fall off, in the status remarks on that account...but normally, they fail to include that.  You can call them and they'll tell you.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The HSBC/BESTBUY account appears to be an OC account that had reported monthly delinquencies, and has now been sold.

Since there is no reporting of a charge-off by the OC, and no reporting of a collection by the new owner, DOFD would appear to have no relevance.

The reported monthly delinquencies will become excluded after 7 years from their indvidual dates of occurence, not based on tthe date of first account delinquency.

What are the dates of those monthly delinquencies?

With the account reported as sold with a $0 debt remaining due to the reporting OC, there is most likely a new owner/debt collector out there who has the ability to report their collection on the debt.  If and when they report, then the DOFD on the OC account will determine its ultimate CR exclusion date.

Do you know who the new owner is? 

Thus, current reporting may not be your only concern.  It might be benefical to contact them prior to their reporting, and make a pay for not reporting offer if the DOFD is not appoaching 7'ish years ago.

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The OC account does state it is a collection, therefore, a DoFD would apply.

Message 6 of 9
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The HSBC/BESTBUY account appears to be an OC account that had reported monthly delinquencies, and has now been sold.

Since there is no reporting of a charge-off by the OC, and no reporting of a collection by the new owner, DOFD would appear to have no relevance.

The reported monthly delinquencies will become excluded after 7 years from their indvidual dates of occurence, not based on tthe date of first account delinquency.

With the account reported as sold with a $0 debt remaining due to the reporting OC, there is most likely a new owner/debt collector out there who has the ability to report their collection on the debt.  If and when they report, then the DOFD on the OC account will determine its ultimate CR exclusion date.

Thus, current reporting may not be your only concern.  It might be benefical to contact them prior to their reporting, and make a pay for not reporting offer if the DOFD is not appoaching 7'ish years ago.

If an account becomes 30 days late and a payment was never made again and it eventually becomes CO'd....does the entire account fall off 7 years from that first 30 days...and is that considered the DOFD?   I talked to a CSR on EQ and He said the account fell off on the DOFD...

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Lechte wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

If an account becomes 30 days late and a payment was never made again and it eventually becomes CO'd....does the entire account fall off 7 years from that first 30 days...and is that considered the DOFD?   I talked to a CSR on EQ and He said the account fell off on the DOFD...

The first 30 days you were late and never brought the account current again, before it was CO'd, yes that is the DoFD.

Yes, they are excluded not later than 7.5 years from the DoFD.

The FCRA states the CO has to be removed.  That is a condition of the account, so the CO annotation has to be removed.  The TL itself won't be removed unless the OC has it removed.

Message 8 of 9
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

The first 30 days you were late and never brought the account current again, before it was CO'd, yes that is the DoFD.

Yes, they are excluded not later than 7.5 years from the DoFD.

The FCRA states the CO has to be removed.  That is a condition of the account, so the CO annotation has to be removed.  The TL itself won't be removed unless the OC has it removed.

Ok, hold up...you're going too fast for me.   Per EQ CSR...the fall off date he gave me on my CO account was exactly 7 years from the DoFD.  Are you saying that even though mine is supposed to fall off at the 7 year mark...if EQ felt in a bad mood, legally they could hold off for another 6 months...or what?   OR ....Now,....say my CO does fall off at exactly 7 years....does my entire account get deleted, or is it just the CO annotation?  And if just the CO annotation gets axed, then i'm assuming the 7.5 yr mark is when the entire account actually gets deleted?     .....what in sam hill good does that do me...I hate that account whether it's got the CO annotation or not.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.