Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORRIED!! Social Security Administration Letter

tag
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

WORRIED!! Social Security Administration Letter

Hello, I hope someone can inform me of what this letter is.  I open my mail at work (I am the boss) and I get a letter from the Socail Security Administration for a wage survey for the year of 2010.  It was for me, but it had my name right and my social security number was off by one number.  It has a huge sheet that is included where you fill out each month's gross wages.  Does anyone have any information they could share? 

The form asks for help in obtaining wage information for the employee attached (Me).  This has a reference code on it.  I'm wondering what this could be, again the SSN is off by 1 number (the last one).

Should I be worried?  What could it be?

THANK YOU!!!!

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: WORRIED!! Social Security Administration Letter

Its a Survey.... 

I am not 100% sure whether you should even fill this out .... I would contact the SSA - the only form they require an employer to report a wage on - is a W2 or like

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 17
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

It definitely IS a survey, I'm just worried why they want to know this information.  Why would they be asking for 2009/2010/2011 gross wages, Cafeteria allowance, Garnishments, etc?  I'm kinda freaked out that I have a levy or lien or am getting audited.

It has a reference number on it and it came w/ a pre stamped envelope, I'm a bit worried about it.  Again, the weird thing is, the SSN on file is off by one number (the last).

Message 3 of 17
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

easiest thing to do is call them - 

Its probably just to update the geographical income.... or whatever lol .... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 17
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

I wish I could, they're closed today for the holiday. 

Message 5 of 17
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i wouldnt let it bother you over the weekend. 

Just give them a call, once again - remember its just a survey....

Message 6 of 17
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

I REALLY appreciate the response, however how can you be so certain?  And furthermore, why would they be surveying me with all of these questions?  Not just for kicks.  Also, the SSN being off by one number concerns me.  Does anyone else have experience with this?

Message 7 of 17
GregB
Valued Contributor

I would assume this to be a scam unless you confirm otherwise. The SSN being wrong is a big concern.

I am a business consultant and never heard of such a letter from SSA.

Message 8 of 17
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i tried to google it and found nothing alike.... 

Message 9 of 17
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

The number they gave me was to the SSN administration.  I verified that on the web.  Also when I call they say the office is closed.  Here's what they're asking for: 

2009/2010/2011 Gross wages paid in month - cafeteria plan deduction - child support garnishments - other. 

Anyone else familiar with this information?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.