Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORRIED!! Social Security Administration Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WORRIED!! Social Security Administration Letter

If it's from the Socail Security Administration, it has nothing to do with any debt, levy, judgement, etc.  So take a breathe and call them on Monday.  This is seriously nothing to worry about.

Do you get any Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income?Just know that all of those benefits plus additional ones can not be garnished for debt collection.

Message 11 of 17
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to not let it worry me too much..... TRYING.. haha.  No, I don't receive any form of help from SSA or anything else, I'm not a vet, I'm not on any benefits, etc.  Just a normal working guy.

It was addressed to my employer's default name (I open these) and it had my SSN off by one, I'm wondering if that's got something to do with it.  Also, it's asking for a year in which I wasn't with this company and two in which I was.  Weird.

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm a biz owner and employ about 50 people during the course of any given year, and have been doing so for almost 15 years now. I've never seen a survey from SSA. The only thing I've ever received are statements from them saying that Employee X's SSN doesn't match their records and to please verify.

I don't see how a cafeteria plan, garnishments, or child support would play into the SSA. They aren't deductible off of your or your employer's share of 6.2%/4.2%. It doesn't matter one bit what those amounts are. That bugs me.

I'd call the SSA (use google to find the number...don't use the number on the letter just in case it is a scam). Maybe your HR department mis-typed the SSN and they want the data. I wouldn't worry before then.

Message 13 of 17
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Guys,

Thanks llecs, I appreciate the info even though this isn't exactly a rebuilding your credit topic.

Message 14 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I hadn't noticed where the thread is at...if you want it moved, say so, otherwise I'd let it be.

Message 15 of 17
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

No, this is fine, thank you!

Message 16 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

One other thought. All forms from goverment agencies have a number that is required by law to be clearly visible. Look for that form number on this letter. If there is none than I would guess this is not a SSA form. If you do find some kind of number just do a search on the SSA website to see if it matches what you received.

Just for your own peace of mind.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.