cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! 25 days and got an upgrade! Plus an update on Cap1 Secured cards...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! 25 days and got an upgrade! Plus an update on Cap1 Secured cards...

I applied for both QS1 and Platinum on the same day, 4/4/2016. I just got off the phone and they already upgraded me to a QS! I read something Norman recently posted on here, and had some time to burn. So I called and talked with an agent for about 10 minuted. He told me I should talk to the "swap my card" department. So, 15 minutes later they walked me through asking me if I would accept the offer! Super excited! I've charged about $950 on the card, and have PIF every 4-5 days. 

So, I was harping on my secured card ($3.3K limit). I travel and spend a ton on it. I have payments >$45K over the last 12 months. He explained to me that Capital One is working toward revamping the secured card in terms of both rewards and graduation. Now, will it happen - who knows. But I thought I would share that tidbit with you all. 

So far a good start to a wet weekend!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW! 25 days and got an upgrade! Plus an update on Cap1 Secured cards...

Thanks for the info!

And Congrats!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the same today with my Plat. I'm 23 days since I was approved
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.