cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW!! Portfolio is deleting a collection due to my GW!!

tag
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

WOW!! Portfolio is deleting a collection due to my GW!!

WOOHOO!! I am so excited!! This is the 1st good thing to me that has happened since I started rebuilding!!

I had a paid collection from Portfolio that wasn't set to be deleted until 07/2015.

I just got a letter saying that a representative has filed a Universal Data Form electronically for this account requesting that the 3 major CRA's DELETE PRA's trade line for this account.  Please allow up to 60 days for each of the CRA's to update their records accordingly.

I was in the worst mood until I opened up this letter!

Thanks so much to all of you for your expertise!

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: WOW!! Portfolio is deleting a collection due to my GW!!

WOW!!!!! Congrats!!! Very strange that they did that for you. You should see a nice bump when it gets deleted. 

james3.gif

Message 2 of 8
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

I know!! I have been reading the Portfolio horror stories so I was not at all thinking that they would do that!

Message 3 of 8
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

This is what I wrote to them if anyone cares:

Hello,

Re: HSBC-XXXX

Acct: HSBC-XXXX    Amount $367.00

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter in order to request your help and understanding.   The account was sold to your company. I pulled my credit and saw it on my reports. I paid this the account back in 2008.  My family and I are currently trying to obtain a mortgage for a home. The account is showing “Paid” per your representative that I paid through over the phone but still are collection accounts and hurting my credit scores. I only need 50 more points to qualify for the loan. I would like to request that your company have some mercy on me and please make a “Goodwill Adjustment” and remove this account from the credit reporting agencies. Your kind gesture would be sincerely appreciated by my family and me. I would like to thank you in advance for any help you may provide. You may contact me through my address above or email at ****** (would prefer email).  Thank you again!

Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 8
Lemonlimez

nice congrats!

January 2013 @ 30 yrs old learned a hard lesson how my BAD spending history came back to bite me, now I am in journey to rebuild my credit and purchase a home in 2015.
Message 6 of 8
rose921
New Contributor

That's awesome! Did you mail it? Or email? I tried a couple months ago, through the Obudsman but I got a big fat NO! I paid a couple years ago & paid in full, not settled for less then full balance.
Message 7 of 8
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Good stuff! I also have these guys on my CR...the idea of GW letters has me excited for if nothing else...1 deletion maybe. I like the letter, if you dont mind I would like to copy it (minor changes).

Justin

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.