cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWYD? Drop Util or pay Collections first?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WWYD? Drop Util or pay Collections first?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to clean up my credit reports & I'm down to the last few collections/charge-offs. I am also at around 50% utilization. I can either pay off all my balances and have ideal Util, or attempt to do my last PFD's and work on Util later. I know it's up to my personal credit goals, but what would you do? Not applying for anything soon, but don't want to get hit with interest either.

Mostly this is just personal preferrence. You can save the interest now and then attack the collections and CO's later, or you can get the old debt settled then continue paying down current debt. Cleaning up old stuff now *might* get you in a position to get a 0% card with a balance transfer option.... 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WWYD? Drop Util or pay Collections first?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to clean up my credit reports & I'm down to the last few collections/charge-offs. I am also at around 50% utilization. I can either pay off all my balances and have ideal Util, or attempt to do my last PFD's and work on Util later. I know it's up to my personal credit goals, but what would you do? Not applying for anything soon, but don't want to get hit with interest either.

Mostly this is just personal preferrence. You can save the interest now and then attack the collections and CO's later, or you can get the old debt settled then continue paying down current debt. Cleaning up old stuff now *might* get you in a position to get a 0% card with a balance transfer option.... 

That's what I'm hoping for. I can pay the collections and hopefully that will boost me enough to get approved for 0% with a prime company.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.