Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWYD?

tag
HisFirstLady
New Contributor

WWYD?

I got a letter in the mail from first premier in response to a PFD I sent a few weeks ago, they deleted my charged off credit line but stated that they sold the debt in 2009 to resurgent capital services.  I contacted the CA and they could not find an account listed under my SSN or name, they are not on any of my reports.  The rep tried to ask for my mailing adress etc. which I didn't give instead I hung up and called back just to see if another rep would be able to pull up the account information and she was not able to do so either.  My question is should I attempt to locate the account or just leave it alone?  The DoFD is Sep 2006, I just dont want this to come back to bite me while im in the process of getting a home loan. 

Starting Score: (3/26/2013) EQ Fico 603, TU Fico 569, EX(plus) 584
Current Score: (5/8/13) EQ Fico 670, TU Fico 729 EX Fico 689 (lender pull)
Goal Score: 700+ across the board........

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: WWYD?

Message 2 of 5
HisFirstLady
New Contributor

I think I will do just that thanks guiness

Starting Score: (3/26/2013) EQ Fico 603, TU Fico 569, EX(plus) 584
Current Score: (5/8/13) EQ Fico 670, TU Fico 729 EX Fico 689 (lender pull)
Goal Score: 700+ across the board........

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You have an unpaid debt with no one acknowledging ownershiip.

You also have no credit reporting, thus no basis for a dispute of its accuracy, and no debt collector attempting to collect.

I dont see what you could do, other than send the asserted debt collector a DV, thus preventing them from "finding" the account and reporting without first sending you verification.  If they get a DV, they are not required to respond until such time as they choose to pursue collection on the debt, so it may just sit unattended, but at least it will give some assurance against reporting until they step up and assert the debt.

A DV, however, might cause them to dig a bit deeper into their files, verify, report, and pursue the debt.  Its always a possibility.

Unless planning to app for new credit and thus concerned about having to inform them that you have unpaid, delinquent debtm which you apparently acknowledge, and the propsepctive creditor is will require its satisfaction as a pre-condition for any approval of new credit, it might be best to waiit for someone to assert debt owed to them.

Message 4 of 5
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

In addition to the other fine advice you have received, I would also "opt out" if I were in your position.

OptOutPrescreen.com

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.