Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wafer thin Credit File

tag
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Wafer thin Credit File

I have been cleaning up my credit since the start of 2014. Slow, slow, slow progress.

Scores are up but still very low. I think that is a mix of AAoA and no revolving debt. I have three baddies on my CR- all COs and all Fally of 3/2015.

I spent $$ to get my utilization down to lower than 20% but no huge bump. I currently have a $1000 Cap One a $300 FPB reporting- no lates.

I do not see that I will get any CC love at this point. I am limited with $$$ to spend on secured as I used savings to reduce utilizaton.

Thoughts or ideas on best next steps?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wafer thin Credit File

@spike69 wrote:

I have been cleaning up my credit since the start of 2014. Slow, slow, slow progress.

Scores are up but still very low. I think that is a mix of AAoA and no revolving debt. I have three baddies on my CR- all COs and all Fally of 3/2015.

I spent $$ to get my utilization down to lower than 20% but no huge bump. I currently have a $1000 Cap One a $300 FPB reporting- no lates.

I do not see that I will get any CC love at this point. I am limited with $$$ to spend on secured as I used savings to reduce utilizaton.

Thanks

If those COs are scheduled to drop 3/15 I would be starting GW letters to them in an attempt to get them off earlier. If your good CCs are paid off and revolvers are still showing a balance then its coming from the COs (assuming they are unpaid).. I would continue to use the cards you have now and build some history while you are working on the COs.  I would not open any secureds at this point as you have already qualified for unsecureds.

Message 2 of 3
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wafer thin Credit File

@spike69 wrote:

Thanks

If those COs are scheduled to drop 3/15 I would be starting GW letters to them in an attempt to get them off earlier. If your good CCs are paid off and revolvers are still showing a balance then its coming from the COs (assuming they are unpaid).. I would continue to use the cards you have now and build some history while you are working on the COs. I would not open any secureds at this point as you have already qualified for unsecureds.

Is nine months too early to GW a CO for early deletion? Would that not be poking a sleeping bear???

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.