Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wage Garnishment

tag
Sonic98
New Contributor

Wage Garnishment

I just got a letter from my payroll departing stating that Calvory Porfolio Services has sent them a garnishment request. When I go on Calvary's website, it shows the account was orginally from 2006 collection for Navy Federal Credit Union of 1,200. This was a  card with fradulent charges they never allowed me to dispute. I can't remember if it was my credit card or debit card with them. My Experian report shows that it became a Public Record in 2008 is is supposed to stay on my report until 2016. This is in the state of Tennessee. I think one of my reports actually has the correct information for my current employment. I'm not sure if this is just conidencidence or what.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wage Garnishment

When was the date of first deliquency? What is the TN SOL? Were you served to appear? When was the judgement entered?

Message 2 of 7
Sonic98
New Contributor

@spike69 wrote:

When was the date of first deliquency? What is the TN SOL? Were you served to appear? When was the judgement entered?

I'll have to go verify the DFD and the SOL in TN. I don't know what it is. I was never servered to appear on the garnishment. I would imagine I probably got something in the mail for the original judgement, but I was probably in college or moving home from my college town at the time.

Message 3 of 7
spike69
Frequent Contributor

You could contact the county where the judgement was entered to see if they can release due to improper service??

Message 4 of 7
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Get a lawyer. 

If you were never served this is beyond a violation. Sue the pants off these guys. 

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 5 of 7
Sonic98
New Contributor

Ok it looks like it's 7 years in the other state I was in and 10 in Tennessee. I guess they used to old trick of just suing in whatever state has the longest SOL

Message 6 of 7
Sonic98
New Contributor

So do they garnish based on the original judgement, or is this going to be a separate court filing. I really wouldn't care about the garnishment if paying debts didn't start them over if I could get the judgement off my report
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.