Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait.. how did THAT happen? [Removal of CA from CR]

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait.. how did THAT happen? [Removal of CA from CR]

Hi again all,

I apologize for the necessary creation of a screenname. I contacted support for assistance, but unfortunately those requests were to no avail.

Anyway,

I wanted to report an odd situation that arose this morning.  Last week I sent off a settlement proposal to the one other office that holds a CA for me.  After offering the same letter to the agency I mentioned previously and receiving quick response I asssumed the agency I'm now speaking of didn't accept or acknowledge my letter.

So anyway, I was updating my CreditKarma account today and notice a rise in my score, thus affecting both my Transunion score as well as my VantageScore.

I offered them a settlement and that if they so agreed that they had to remove any derogatory information pertaining to the account. Now after seeing an increase of 5 pts to Transunion I reviewed the dispute resolution within Experian's site to see what could have made this occur.

....The CA account had been REMOVED from my report. What do y'all think that means?

- Is it the possibility that they, in good faith, preemptively removed the CA prior to me even sending them payment?

- Could the CA have been sent to another collection agency?

- What if they forwarded the settlement proposal to the original creditor for review?

I just do not know what it means, I'm very elated to see this score increase, but unsure as to why the CA was removed.  Thanks for any insight! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Re: Wait.. how did THAT happen? [Removal of CA from CR]

If you've mentioned it within your email, I apologize for failing to see it -- but could you provide the name of the creditor?

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again Shooting Star,

The original creditor was a financial banking institution.  An overdrawn checking account.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did your PFD include a remittance of payment, and if so, did they deposit it?

It is possible  that they just terminated their collection activity and deleted it, and that another CA could pop up.  Just not enough information at this point to say what happened.......

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There was no inclusion of payment with the letter. The letter stated in order to settle, they needed to agree to the terms/requests listed.. the removal of the collection account and any derogatory information pertaining to it, and if they did so agree that the settlement offer would satisfy the debt in full. If in agreeance they were to either return the letter signed from an officer allowed to agree to the prosposal or send notice of the terms agreed.

Most definitely, not enough info to be certain, just unsure if anyone else has stumbled upon a similar situation. BTW, the CA is N.R.S.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.