relentless602

Re: Wait it out or what?

According to my TU report that I got last week, the paid collection is "estimated" to come off as of 12/2012. I suppose waiting to see what happens and paying off my revolving in the meantime wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

One other thing to add. When I paid this thing out of sheer frustration with the company I was dealing with, they did tell me this would be taken off my report. Now here is the thing, at the time I did the payment I was completely uneducated about how to confirm things like this in writing and following up on it. I just trusted that they would do the right thing. Obviously, I know better than that now. I'm fuzzy on how exactly it all went down, but I did pay because "it was the right thing to do", even though I didn't completely understand why at that time. Now I get it. Now I know why I should have gotten things in writing from the CA. Maybe it is just too late for me to request an inquiry to see what TU can do to help me. I'm not sure.

Starting score: TransUnion 660 Equifax 724 Experian 721*[PLUS Score] (All scores dated 7/13/12) 724
Current score: TransUnion 660 Equifax 724 Experian 721*[PLUS Score] (All scores dated 7/13/12) 724
Goal score: TransUnion 740 Equifax 770 Experian 770 (6-8 month goal) 770

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
relentless602

Hi everyone, 

I want to update you all on what happened. Yesterday afternoon I filed a dispute with TU online requesting deletion of the Rickenbacher Collection due to the inaccuracy of the report. The CA told me (back in 2007) that it would be deleted after payment, which it was not. Anyhow, TU apparently moves lightning fast on these issues because I got an e-mail this morning saying that they did an investigation and after review, the collection is now deleted off of my report :smileyvery-happy: Needless to say I am very happy with TU and the fact that they worked so quickly to resolve this matter. To summerize, I filed a dispute Saturday evening and got a resolution (a positive one) Sunday morning. Wow. 

Starting score: TransUnion 660 Equifax 724 Experian 721*[PLUS Score] (All scores dated 7/13/12) 724
Current score: TransUnion 660 Equifax 724 Experian 721*[PLUS Score] (All scores dated 7/13/12) 724

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

relentless602 wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I want to update you all on what happened. Yesterday afternoon I filed a dispute with TU online requesting deletion of the Rickenbacher Collection due to the inaccuracy of the report. The CA told me (back in 2007) that it would be deleted after payment, which it was not. Anyhow, TU apparently moves lightning fast on these issues because I got an e-mail this morning saying that they did an investigation and after review, the collection is now deleted off of my report :smileyvery-happy: Needless to say I am very happy with TU and the fact that they worked so quickly to resolve this matter. To summerize, I filed a dispute Saturday evening and got a resolution (a positive one) Sunday morning. Wow. 

Just so you know for future reference, although *knock on wood* you will never have to go through this again...

It isn't always this easy with TU :smileywink: Glad you got it removed; although I am still questioning as to what was inaccurate that you disputed  :smileywink:

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 05/12: TU: 722 | EQ: 712 | EX: 686
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Still Working On: Illinois Paid Tax Lien,
Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $3900, Citi/Home Depot $2000, Capital One Cash Rewards $1500, Capital One Secured $500, Credit One Bank $500. Total Utilization: 6%. AAoA: 1yr, 7mth. INQS: 8 TU, 8 EQ, 4 EX
relentless602

Thanks Scott. The inaccuracy was due to the fact that I was told it would be removed but it never was. And yes, this is a minor miracle no doubt about it. I was dumbfounded when I got a response e-mail this morning with the good news. I didn't know TU worked weekends either.

What a great morning!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+