Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait it out or what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wait it out or what?

Great point. Yeah in terms of the ethical aspect of it, I'm not so worried. If I dispute it and lose, no one loses anything. If I dispute it and win, I gain something and a company that no longer exists loses nothing. But how would I even go about disputing it? It has been years since I paid the thing and I'm not sure what grounds I could dispute it on. 

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off, don't dispute it unless inaccurate.

Second, do you plan to apply for any major credit before December?

Third, IMO, this is likely have little impact on your score if it is so old UNLESS this is your only blemish.

Unless you have some major reason for wanting it removed early, leave it alone and let it die a natural death.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear what you are saying sidewinder. I suppose I could "let it die" in December. I was planning on applying for credit in January at the earliest and maybe not until May, I'm not in dire need of new credit. Question, would I be hurt by disputing it and losing? Just curious how that works. Yeah it could be worse. TU report says it is coming off in Dec. it could be A LOT worse in that regard.   

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this your only blemish?

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not so sure but I think so. I mean I have low revolving available that may my only other "negative" as I mention what i'm doing in my original post. No late payments ever. 72 month car loan paid off in 2006. Several installment loans all paid on time and paid off throughout my credit history. I will have my revolving paid off around December and was hoping to get my TU score up, because this is the only blemish in terms of collections or anything else. I do have an old Citi account with 2,800 on it that was closed at my request in 2007, still paid on time every month. Obviously, I now know closing the account was a mistake but at that time, I was not aware and angry with Citi's service. I am taking care of that one in August. It messed my utilization rate up for sure but I'm not sure that's a blemish, is it? 

Message 15 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Kind reminder that advocating or suggesting the disputing of accurate info, even if you think the OC/CA is defunct, is a no-no due to the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines that prohibit the promotion of certain types of credit repair.

ETA...OP, send a GW to the CA using the address they used on your CR. 

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry sir. Won't happen again. That is what I will do. Send a GW to the CA listed and just see where it goes from there. Thanks!

Message 17 of 24
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Since it's only on TU and gone in six months then I would do nothing - The reason being, some CA's find out they only report to one CRA and update to the others.  I've read about it here - it's waking a sleeping giant IMO.  I'd dispute w/ TU about a month before it's supposed to fall off saying it's past the CRTP, that way it is sure to be gone by the beginning of DEC.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 18 of 24
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Robert, 

No. The information is accurate and was paid long ago in 2007. It is scheduled to come off completely in Dec. and it is only on my TU bureau (hence why my score is lower there). I waa trying to see if there is anything I can do to get it off earlier, because I am paying off all of my revolving and this is my only other blemish to worry about. The agency that placed the collection no longer exists as far as I know and I was just wondering what to do with this situation. But yes, the infomation is accurate in terms of the biil and payment of the collection. 

Couldn't hurt to dispute with TU that this tl is obsolete or something along those lines if you don't want to try the GW.  No harm in asking.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 19 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Robert, 

No. The information is accurate and was paid long ago in 2007. It is scheduled to come off completely in Dec. and it is only on my TU bureau (hence why my score is lower there). I waa trying to see if there is anything I can do to get it off earlier, because I am paying off all of my revolving and this is my only other blemish to worry about. The agency that placed the collection no longer exists as far as I know and I was just wondering what to do with this situation. But yes, the infomation is accurate in terms of the biil and payment of the collection. 

Couldn't hurt to dispute with TU that this tl is obsolete or something along those lines if you don't want to try the GW.  No harm in asking.

Is it obsolete? OP said it is scheduled to come off in December. Second kind reminder that advocating or suggesting the disputing of accurate info isn't allowed on here.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.