Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait time?

tag
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Wait time?

I have had a recent success with a CA.  Amcol Systems is the agency and I paid the account in full, in return for a delete from all credit reports.

Luckily the CA is local and I was able to go to their office and pay "in house".  Before I left I was able to get a letter printed on their letterhead stating:

"This is confirmation that the above listed account has been paid/settled in full.  If you have any questions, please contact us.  Sincerely, AMCOL Systems, Inc."

Speaking with a rep over the phone, before I went and paid, they stated they would also note the account that it should be or needed to be or whatever deleted from all CRA's, and that I would like a letter stating that also.

So after I paid, I mentioned this and along with the settled letter I got one, again on their letterhead that says: "Please be advised the above listed account has been closed with our Agency.  We have submitted a request for this account to be removed from your credit if it applies.  If you have any questions please contact us.  Sincerely, AMCOL Systems Inc."

Now the question I have is when should I start checking to see if they followed through?  The nice rep I made the payment with stated that they would get the request in within a week, and that usually EQ is the slowest to remove.  I dunno how she knows this but I was just happy to have the written item, as I know most CA's are reluctant to do this. 

Also, I believe I have read that it can take up to 90 days or something like that (I read so much on these forums, sometimes everything gets jumbled) Smiley Very Happy.  If anyone could give me some info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wait time?

if electronic thru e-oskar 3-5 days, if manually 30-60 days.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.