Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting anxiously for score change after Collection removal

tag
Edk83
Established Member

Waiting anxiously for score change after Collection removal

Hey guys! Thanks to this great site I have succeeded in getting a collection removed by PRA collections. I got the response last week. I have not recieved an alert from myfico of any changes yet on score watch. It seems however that it was removed from Equifax itself and Transunion. The last report I got on this site was Monday. I dont want to spend money refreshing the score, should I just sit tight???

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Waiting anxiously for score change after Collection removal

Just sit tight for a bit, it will come off.  In IME EQ takes forever.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
Edk83
Established Member

Thanks Shogun, your help has been awesome!

Message 3 of 7
Lzzybeth
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat as you Edk83, I'm curious what kind of score bump I'll see after having NCO Financial and Armada Corporation deleted from the same two CRAs! I'll cross my fingers for the both of us. Smiley Happy

Garden Club Challenge: App Free Since 5/01/2021 and
No Apps Until 6/15/2022
Message 4 of 7
Edk83
Established Member

Thanks! We should be fine, I am just impatient I guess. Just confused why it is removed on Equifax and not myfico since the latter reports the former!!

Message 5 of 7
Edk83
Established Member

Okay, here is the update!

I called Equifax today, regarding this matter. All trading lines with PRA have been REMOVED and no account activity remains. So that is the good news.

However, I have subscribed to score watch here on myfico. I have recieved no alerts of score increases or account deletions though they claim to base score on Equifax???? The rep told me that myfico is a third party.

Why is this? Confused!

Message 6 of 7
KatrinaE
Valued Member

I am subscribed to ScoreWatch as well, though directly though EQ and have been on and off for several years.   I will receive alerts for changes on accounts during the week and score alerts usually come Sunday night or Monday morning.

Discover IT 14k | NFCU 10k | USAA Visa 6K | USAA Signature Visa 6k| Amex Sky Miles 10K | BarclayCard 7k | Marriott Rewards by Chase (AU) | Chase Freedom $1680 (weird I know) | Lowe's 15k | Chevron | TJMaxx | Victoria's Secret
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.