Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for collection account to be deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for collection account to be deleted

Good evening everyone,

I am currently in the process of getting the only baddie off my credit report. I got confirmation of it being deleted on (4/5/18) and it hasn't been deleted as of today (4/15/18). The only thing that has changed on my credit report is the account has been updated to paid on (4/8/18). My question is how long should I wait until I file a dispute for it to be taken off. I'm trying to be patient but this is really bugging me because this dropped my credit score 80 points and I have fairly new credit so I'd like to see how much of an impact this deletion makes. 

Thank you in advance! 

My current scores EQ 592 TU 599 EX 580

7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Waiting for collection account to be deleted

What is the reported date of first delinquency?

The CRA has up to 7 years plus 180 days after the DOFD before exclusion is required.

There is no basis for dispute if exclusion extends beyond the estimated date of 7 years from DOFD.

Wait the full 7 years plus 180 days.

Message 2 of 8
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got confirmation of it being deleted on (4/5/18) and it hasn't been deleted as of today (4/15/18).

Who did you get the confirmation from? Was it from the original creditor or an alert through a monitoring service? I recently had an old collection removed but myfico didn't have an alert for it being removed. I had to order a new report to see my score increase from the deleted collection.

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 3 of 8
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, its important to see who said they would delete the account. You can always check Experian for their free credit report, no scores but at least you can see the one that updates the quickest. I think they give a free report every month. You can also see your TU and EQ reports from Credit Karma weekly. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m sorry. I guess I forgot to add it was a PFD.. it was reported 5 months ago but no org delinquency date
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got confirmation for the collection agency that they notified the CRA to deleted the account. I followed suit like a couple other members to get it deleted by the higher ups in Diversified Consultants.
Message 6 of 8
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

When I have had collections and charge offs removed from my reports I've usually seen it updated in a month or two, one took 3 months, if that helps. Congrats on the removal! It will definitely boost those scores. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I guess I’ll just be patiently waiting. Ugh
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.