Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting game.....

tag
mlcole07
Established Member

Waiting game.....

Just had to voice my fustration at playing the waiting game, I sent out GW letters to Cap One (I know it's a shot in the dark with them but hey can't hurt to try), GW letter to BofA for some school loans and waiting on Kay Jewelers (who is taking their sweet time) to update the paid off balance.....when I read about people who hear back from their letters within 48 hours it's even more fustrating!! I had one charge off deleted and it did nothing to my score too!! Talk about maddening!!! Ok I'm done with my woe is me story.....

Starting Score: 542
Current Score: 577
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Re: Waiting game.....

I hear ya... I recently posted the same thing... luckily 2 out of the 3 things I was waiting on were removed today- woo hoo!  In my experience, GW letters took 3-4 weeks to get a response.  Some have had luck with emails, which explains getting a response in 48 hours.  Hang in there!

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 2 of 7
BigBS
Senior Contributor

My experience with GW letters has been split.  Only submitted 2 with the first being for lates on a store card and received an e-mail back within just a few days that the TL would be removed from reporting, but that I still had the ability to use the card - even received a $1k CLI on it within about 6 months.  The second one was for late mortgage payments and I waited about a month before hearing that the record was accurate and they had to report it.  Luckily, that falls off in Sep/Oct of this year, so wasn't too worried about it.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 7
mlcole07
Established Member

Just received a call from someone at the BofA EO and the gentleman who called me was very nice and said that it was just a call stating that they received my letter and will be researching my account and will have an answer for me by the end of the week!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 7
SinkOrSwim
Established Member

Keep us posted!

and I agree, the wait is brutal!

Starting Score: 602 (03/08/14)
Current Score: 629 (04/16/14)

Message 5 of 7
mlcole07
Established Member

I got a letter from BofA saying they are going to change the status of my accounts to Paid/Never late and a $0 balance!!!!!!! My first success with a goodwill letter!!!!!! So excited!!! Totally made my day!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

That's totally awesome. So far, I've had little success on GoodWills about payment status, even though I have a very good case for doing so. Glad to hear a success story. Gives me some hope!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.