Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting is SO hard! Plus -44 points!!!!

tag
earena
Contributor

Waiting is SO hard! Plus -44 points!!!!

First of all, I paid of all my loans and debt. I get an alert on my FICO, thinking something reported and my score went up, I check and my score goes down 44 POINTS!!! My furniture loan (reported like a credit card) reported no more than 60 days late!!! I have never been 30 days late much less 60 days!!! This was after I paid the $900 balance off... I called their credit number and the woman said that they were having issues with their system and to wait until around the first of next month for them to report again and it will be corrected... So now on top of waiting for my credit cards to report, which should be happening this week, I have to wait another 2 weeks for Badcock to report correctly and that is assuming they will fix the issue. I'm due for a CLI with my Capital one card and I'm itching to press the luv button, but I know I need to wait.

2 REPLIES 2
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Waiting is SO hard! Plus -44 points!!!!

Sorry to hear about that.  Yes I would wait to pull the trigger with Capital One in terms of a CLI.  Wait it out until that issue has been resolved.  I would hate for them to deny you your CLI based upon those lates that was not your fault at all.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waiting is SO hard! Plus -44 points!!!!

@Pway wrote:

Sorry to hear about that.  Yes I would wait to pull the trigger with Capital One in terms of a CLI.  Wait it out until that issue has been resolved.  I would hate for them to deny you your CLI based upon those lates that was not your fault at all.  

Waiting does not necessarily gaurantee anything. Cap One CLI's do not initiate a soft pull, rather Cap One does regular soft pulls every 3 months or so, and CLI's will be based on their last soft pull. Since this JUST NOW HIT, its highly unlikely that Cap One has done a soft pull showing it on there. I would do the CLI request NOW and not wait.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.