cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting is the Worst! (Updated - credit is garbage)

tag
KBreininger05
Established Member

Waiting is the Worst! (Updated - credit is garbage)

[After 5 years of credit rebuilding after my divorce I *fingers crossed* am where I need to be to get approved for a mortgage!  I requested my lender pull my credit on Friday.  All weekend and this morning already I am sick to my stomach waiting to hear back.  I use quizzle (eq) credit karma (tu) & credit sesame (ex) to track my scores and im 600,601 & 626.  I know from previous experience (renting my apartment) that the scores these programs show me are about 20+/- pts off from what my FICO is so I went for it even though my "mid' isn't above 620 (where it needs to be).  I am SO nervous!  I have SO many inquiries on my stupid report from CLI requests and CONSTANT denials that I'm really paranoid about adding new ones!  WISH me LUCK!  Owning a home has been my "5 year goal" for the last 9 years! LOL]

I heard back from the lender

Lender's Score:

My Pulls:

Transunion

Method to Pull:

Credit Karma

NONE600Equifax Quizzle
560600ExperianCredit Sesame

Weird things are coming up on what does appear for Equifax, I apparently have an alert in place due to ID theft?! News to me.

And my derogatory summary is:

4 Charg Offs (ALL paid - all closed)

4 Collections (ONE current - rest PAID/Closed)

3 - 30 days ate (1 on current loan - submitted a GW letter to remove 1 on old closed loan)

4 - 60 days late (2008) (Studen Loans - now closed (refinanced))

4 - 90 days late (12/2008) (Student Loans - now closed (refinanced))

My lender is submitting my report for analysis to determine how I can hit 620+ the fastest. 

I am at 87% UTIL but it will be 65% UTIL after this Friday, if that is making the biggest ding.

I am SO upset over this. 

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Waiting is the Worst! (Updated - credit is garbage)

Applying blind by not knowing what your FICO scores are is never a good idea but a mortgage pull is needed in preparation for the real mortgage. This will bring out any scumbags that may be hiding in the closet and give you a chance to take care of them. I can tell you the fastest way to get the points you are after is to pay down your utilization to less than 10% on 1 card with the others showing 0. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
KBreininger05
Established Member

I am also sending GW letters to the various creditors I have paid charge offs with that are several years old as well as GW letters requesting the removal of a late payment here or there on my history.  I guess I thought my "fake" scores were close enough.  It did allow me to discover that my Equifax report (which hasn't been updating sine 2013) had an extended fraud alert on it.  I am hoping this hiccup in the road will just get me on solid ground to move forward with a cleaner slate.  Wors case scenario, all my bad remarks were from 2008 so they will all start to fall off throughout the year if my GW letters don't work.

Message 3 of 7
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Like stated above, UTI is murdering you right now. Pay that down while you wait to hear back on the GW letters.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 4 of 7
KBreininger05
Established Member

I am.  I am paying $300/mo down on $1600 (out of $1800) worth of credit.  By Friday I'll be at 60% across the board, etc until its paid. Down.  I plan on only using one CC and PIF every month after its ALL paid down.

Message 5 of 7
alvon123
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Applying blind by not knowing what your FICO scores are is never a good idea but a mortgage pull is needed in preparation for the real mortgage. This will bring out any scumbags that may be hiding in the closet and give you a chance to take care of them. I can tell you the fastest way to get the points you are after is to pay down your utilization to less than 10% on 1 card with the others showing 0. Good luck Smiley Happy

+1

Message 6 of 7
KBreininger05
Established Member

I just received a CLI denial letter from Capital One that pulled my EF score, its 635. So my middle score would end up being 616.  I'm 4 pts away from where  I need to be and sent as many GW letters out as I could to OLD paid negative debts.  I'm hoping those will clean up my report at least if they remove them, AND paying my cards down/off will boost my score fast!  No one likes to be rejected but seeing how CLOSE I am, I feel good about my timeline.  Still planning on closing over the summer, and that should be doable with scores so close and UTIL going down.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.