Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on Paid-For-Deletes to hit the Credit Bureausu

tag
dmmartinez
Established Member

Waiting on Paid-For-Deletes to hit the Credit Bureausu

Hi Guys!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

So I am in need of a new car, and have been working hard to get my credit score up.

I'm currrently 633 TU and 676 EQ.

I pulled all of my reports, and out of sheer luck and timing, I was able to negotiate with my 4 collection account creditors- and they ALL AGREED TO PAY FOR DELETE!

I'm absolutely thrilled. Granted, the debts were all very old (they were all going to fall off in between 12-18 months) so I'm not sure if that what enticed them, 

however I received confirmation from them all in writing that they were going to have the trade lines deleted from all 3 Credit Reporting Agencies.

My problem now is that I'm in waiting game limbo. I need to get a new car, but I also want to wait until these are deleted and my scores bump up.

They all said that the letters should be sufficient for Lenders to prove that I'm eligible for a new rate, and also that the lender could call them directly to confirm the debts been paid and the account will be deleted.

How long does it take from when a Collection Agency electronically requests a Deletion for the Credit Bureaus for them to update your credit score?

Thanks you guys!!!

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gypsymama
Established Member

Re: Waiting on Paid-For-Deletes to hit the Credit Bureausu

I would think the score increase if you get one should happen as soon as the TL's are deleted. The deletions could take a few weeks though. I'm playing the same waiting game right now while I wait on 3 collections to be deleted. I know two of them are through the same CA and they said that it would be the end of March when they did their reporting again and the delete happened.

Cap One Secured $200; Fingerhut $250; Venus $250; VS $500
Message 2 of 3
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

Re: Waiting on Paid-For-Deletes to hit the Credit Bureausu

@dmmartinez wrote:

Hi Guys!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

So I am in need of a new car, and have been working hard to get my credit score up.

I'm currrently 633 TU and 676 EQ.

I pulled all of my reports, and out of sheer luck and timing, I was able to negotiate with my 4 collection account creditors- and they ALL AGREED TO PAY FOR DELETE!

I'm absolutely thrilled. Granted, the debts were all very old (they were all going to fall off in between 12-18 months) so I'm not sure if that what enticed them, 

however I received confirmation from them all in writing that they were going to have the trade lines deleted from all 3 Credit Reporting Agencies.

My problem now is that I'm in waiting game limbo. I need to get a new car, but I also want to wait until these are deleted and my scores bump up.

They all said that the letters should be sufficient for Lenders to prove that I'm eligible for a new rate, and also that the lender could call them directly to confirm the debts been paid and the account will be deleted.

How long does it take from when a Collection Agency electronically requests a Deletion for the Credit Bureaus for them to update your credit score? I just did some PFD last week. It just depends on the collection agency..depends on how quickly the sent the info to the credit bureaus. The ones I dealt with some came off in a few days but I'm still waiting on 2 to be deleted after recieving the confirmation form the CA 2 weeks ago. Some CA only report to the bureaus every 30 days.

Thanks you guys!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.