Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on disputes also on HIPAA

tag
Ambular1304
Contributor

Waiting on disputes also on HIPAA

Am I right to be under the assumption that the longer a dispute takes the better outcome? I know that it's all up in the air, and very YMMV...BUT I am getting pretty close now to it being the end of a very long 30 day waiting game with. Also I have sent out my HIPAA letters to TU and EX certified and what not, and I haven't heard a thing and nothing is showing any different on my reports.... I'm not a very patient person lol

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waiting on disputes also on HIPAA

Gotta wait 30-days.

We can't discuss HIPAA here either.

Message 2 of 4
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Ambular1304 wrote:

Am I right to be under the assumption that the longer a dispute takes the better outcome? I know that it's all up in the air, and very YMMV...BUT I am getting pretty close now to it being the end of a very long 30 day waiting game with. Also I have sent out my HIPAA letters to TU and EX certified and what not, and I haven't heard a thing and nothing is showing any different on my reports.... I'm not a very patient person lol

Waiting is a hard part of the credit journey, especially on a dispute.   Some are resolved quickly, and others take their time.  TBH, it's not an indicator either way.  

As for the so-called HIPAA process, it's a disputed interpretation of the HIPAA laws, which is why it was ultimately banned from active discussion at the boards.   There has been a lot of success with PFD on medical collections, and there's been a good amount of GW removal, too, so you do have other options worth exploring.   Also, newer score models tend to exclude collections under $100 as "nuisance" collections.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that the new scoring model isn't actually used by lenders right now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.