Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting....

So I started this journey two months ago.

Since I have started:

I have had 5 collections removed by DV,

and I have 5 that I am currently working on right now, PFD's and GW's - written and submitted.

- University of Phoenix (PFD)

- USAA  (GW)

- SW Credit Systems (PFD)

- Cap One Auto (GW)

the 5th one I have is a judgement against me and not sure how to attack this beast...any help would be appreciated.  It is 2700 judgement for medical bills because of my ex-wife.  It is from Jul 2009, so it should disappear in about half a year...or I can try and attack it and get it to go away.

I have opened up a $1000 secured loan with SDFCU, and a $500 secured CC with them

I also have a $3000 Secured CC with Cap One. 

What is my next step?  Attack my baddies more? Apply for more credit?  or just sit back and wait?  Getting antsy....

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waiting....

OK - the fact that a judgment is already entered means that the OC doesn't have to settle - they already have a court order for the WHOLE thing.

Also - Judgments (even if not on your credit report) can stick around for up to 10 years (depending on your state) and can often be renewed for periods of 5-10 years.   Therefore - even if if isn't on your report they can still levy bank accounts, garnish wages, etc.   Basically, it isn't going to just go away.

I recommend contacting the opposing counsel (attorney for collector) and set up arrangements and ask them if you pay it will they please move to vacate the judgment since it was for your ex-wife.  (however, if this is really going to fall off reports in 6 months or so) that vacating of judgment isn't a deal killer.   I'd just get it paid off before they decide to come after you or worse - your bank account. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.