Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Approved

So I came out of the garden for a bit after a 6 month stint.  I have been working on my baddies but also trying to plan on how to build my file.

So I figured Synchrony was the next stop but when I apped for the Amazon card it was a no go.  That was 2 nights ago.  I figured I would group another together and decided what the heck I will try for the WalMart card.  Well I was approved.  Only $500.00 but got to start somewhere.  I have read how fast it grows so utilization help will be nice.  Plus I want a high limit Lowes Card for the special financing...

Thanks for all the help guys cant wait to keep it moving!  Couldnt have made it this far without this community!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jayla127
New Contributor

Re: Walmart Approved

Congratulations on being approved for your Walmart. I just applied for a Walmart because I shop there a lot. Took a chance; scores low 600's and got approved for $400 cl. It's low but yes it's a start.
Starting Score: EQ 430, TU 467, EX 465
Current Score: EQ 617, TU 618, EX 611
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 700, EX 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I've considered applying for the Walmart card myself but I'm in the garden now, so perhaps in the fall depending on how my scores look then. What were your scores when you were approved, and who did Walmart/Synchrony pull?

Message 3 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Synchrony is mostly a TU puller, especially for Walmart, Lowe's, and Amazon. Hubby's score was upper 500's when he was approved for a Walmart card. $150 SL, now it's up to 6k and in the process of being upgraded to the MC version.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Synchrony is mostly a TU puller, especially for Walmart, Lowe's, and Amazon. Hubby's score was upper 500's when he was approved for a Walmart card. $150 SL, now it's up to 6k and in the process of being upgraded to the MC version.

My most recent TU FICO is 627, though I'm expecting it to uptick next month now that Discover has finally reported (and my first loan payment to Penfed is in process so hopefully that account will also report to them soon). I want TU to get more into line with EQ (currently 659) and EX (662 as of last report) before applying for anything else that HP's TU.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.