Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI in less than a month!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart CLI in less than a month!!

Got approved for a $150 Walmart card around the 7th of March, used once for gas and paid it off. Chatted yesterday and asked for $1500, approved. Got to thinking about it and chatted today, asked for $7500, they countered with $6000. Woo Hoo!! Is there any way to get this reported now or will I have to wait until my first statement cuts on the 11th? It would be great if it reported now to lower my UTI from 14%. Still waiting on my Care Credit to report too, $8000.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart CLI in less than a month!!

How would you get it reported now?
Message 2 of 9
crissyanj
Contributor

Congrats!!!  

Sometimes you can call and have they manually report it to the bureaus.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping but not expecting that it'll update since I paid the balance (a whopping 32 dollars) to zero. I know, I need to get a hobby. :-)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crissyanj wrote:

Congrats!!!  

Sometimes you can call and have they manually report it to the bureaus.

Never heard of that.

Message 5 of 9
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

OP, I've noticed with my Amazon and Walmart cards, if there is a balance that's reported on my card and then it gets paid off before the next statement cuts, they will in fact report that zero balance mid cycle to the bureaus. So in your case you may very well see your increase reporting in the next few days! Congrats on your CLI!!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 6 of 9
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

When I got my walmart increase I had to wait till the next statement cut before they reported my new limit. I went from 800 to 3500 after the third statement.
Message 7 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP - Wow! Congrats. I assume you must have nice credit scores? For them to give you that much, that fast just like that, you must be doing something right!!! I wonder if it was no big deal, why they didn't give you a high limit to start.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU is 725. From what I understand Walmart likes to start the limits low
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.