Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card - easy to get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Credit Card - easy to get?

They listed high balances and I think there was something about time since recent negative credit. Bankruptcy was discharged in February of 2010. Other than some tax liens, nothing else bad since then. 

Message 11 of 25
diabla
Regular Contributor

Walmart is on my wishlist for maybe next month.  What' I've read often is that people order something through Walmart online using their credit card, and then when they return to the account, Walmart has given them a pre-approved offer (soft pull).  I kept reading this over and over, and I have ordered from Walmart online for years but I always used a debit card!  So now I'm planning to order using my credit card next month and see if that works.  Also, some people have gotten pre-approved offers at the register when paying with a credit card.

Message 12 of 25
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

So if you apply and are approved  or denied does it say so instantly or have to wait for a decision in the mail?

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 13 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It will be an instant approval and give you your CL.  You make one application and they will put it in for a Discover first, if no go on that, they will put it through for the store card.  This is all done in just a few seconds.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 25
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

I have put the Barclays Rewards card on my wishlist for next yr over this one, however I have read it is BK friendly?

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 15 of 25
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I've gone back and forth over the idea of getting it for TU score but never pulled the trigger.

A year or two ago it seemed pretty easy to get. Not sure about now, though.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 25
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I applied for Walmart cc about 2 weeks ago online, I didn't think I would be approved but instantly I was apprived for $200 cl!! Even though it was a low cl, I was very happy to even get one and now I can start building it from here! I was denied by JCP. So I recommend the Walmart before JCP.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was declined recently with TU score listed below the large collection from 2/2012 seems to scare everybody away Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 25
ewoodson
New Visitor

I NEED APPERCATION TO FILL OUT FOR WAL MART CARD

Message 19 of 25
diphendrix
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

i was declined recently with TU score listed below the large collection from 2/2012 seems to scare everybody away Smiley Sad

why such a big score difference in ur current scores??? just curious, and im new to all of this lol

BK7 Discharge: Feb 2014 Starting Score: 579 Current FICO Score: 656

Goal Score: 660 short | 800+ long Goals Hit: 2 Active Cards: 6

Gardening Since: June 2014 Garden Goal: December 2014

Wish List: Chase Slate | Chase Disney | Discover IT | Barclays NFL Sig
CapOne QuicksilverOne : CL: $300CapOne Classic Platinum : CL: $300CapOne Sony : CL: $500J Crew : CL: $450Express NextVS Angel

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.