Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Declined :(

tag
dave36021
Regular Contributor

Walmart Declined :(

So I have been cleaning up my files and still have some old Charge offs that I have not been able to get removed yet, but I did have a Discharged Bankruptcy removed this month and also took a 16 point hit on TU when a new inquiry and work info updated.

I got the 7-10 day message after doing a online app. I waited a hour or so and called the number to check status from the Walmart site 1-877-969-3668 and all they would do was just say that the app was declined and that I had to wait for  the letter and would not even talk about looking into it. Did I call the right number ?

My profile has been very clean for the last 2-3 years with not even 1 late payment and a few new accounts and CLI's. I have seen reports of people getting approved with a worse score then me.

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart Declined :(

@dave36021 wrote:

So I have been cleaning up my files and still have some old Charge offs that I have not been able to get removed yet, but I did have a Discharged Bankruptcy removed this month and also took a 16 point hit on TU when a new inquiry and work info updated.

I got the 7-10 day message after doing a online app. I waited a hour or so and called the number to check status from the Walmart site 1-877-969-3668 and all they would do was just say that the app was declined and that I had to wait for  the letter and would not even talk about looking into it. Did I call the right number ?

My profile has been very clean for the last 2-3 years with not even 1 late payment and a few new accounts and CLI's. I have seen reports of people getting approved with a worse score then me.

If you have been declined by the computer for a Synchrony card there is no recon. You can try this number Credit Solutions 877-379-8173 if they tell you its declined I suggest you wait for the letter and address what it says on there before re applying.

Message 2 of 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Don't feel bad, I get denied too and my scores are pretty good, as well as low utilization decent AAoA and other things to support it. Who needs a synchrony card when you can get mainstream CCs though, I said to heck with them Smiley Happy
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 7
Ambular1304
Contributor

It took me 3 months to finally get a walmart card....hang in there!

Message 4 of 7
dave36021
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I will let them be for a long time now.the last time I only got the response that it was because of the bankruptcy so I waited for it to fall off so I will wait and see what this letter says

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 5 of 7
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

Was it the WM MasterCard or regular store card you applied for? I'm pretty sure almost anyone can be approved for their store card, the MasterCard version not so much. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 6 of 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

When you apply there not seperate applications, your considered for both cards. I was denied with my scores in my signature. Due to an unpaid collection and I can't remember what else. Have gotten approvals with Cap1, Barclays, Citi and most recently the DCUs platinum with a 5k limit. No need for Walmart anymore!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.