Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart TU.........kicked in the teeth

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Walmart TU.........kicked in the teeth

been climing out of the low to mid 600's for a few months on walmart tu. Last month was a 683 (yeah) and looking forward to this month. Paid over 10k in debt, big time drop in util, no new inq etc etc. Was expecting to be in the 700 club...... only to find a 31 point drop. What in gods name....checked all reports and nothing comes up as a negative since last month. and I mean nothing. How can this be people>?????

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart TU.........kicked in the teeth

@aleicgrant wrote:

been climing out of the low to mid 600's for a few months on walmart tu. Last month was a 683 (yeah) and looking forward to this month. Paid over 10k in debt, big time drop in util, no new inq etc etc. Was expecting to be in the 700 club...... only to find a 31 point drop. What in gods name....checked all reports and nothing comes up as a negative since last month. and I mean nothing. How can this be people>?????

Possibility of rebucketting?? I dunno what else was on your CR.

Message 2 of 12
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

what do you mean by rebucketing?  Here is the funny thing. My transunion fako went from 649 to 681..... What other details would you like. I had no new inq. My util went from about 70% to 20%. No lates, baddies nothing. No new accounts. I dont get it

Message 3 of 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@aleicgrant wrote:

what do you mean by rebucketing?  Here is the funny thing. My transunion fako went from 649 to 681..... What other details would you like. I had no new inq. My util went from about 70% to 20%. No lates, baddies nothing. No new accounts. I dont get it

Something cause a drop that big and it can't be from lowering your util. Rebucketing is when you had a PR or collections, charoff's etc and you are put into a group where they never had any of those. 

Message 4 of 12
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

honest that is not the case. Here is a screen shot from my TU report

Message 5 of 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You have me SMH!!!!!! Smiley Indifferent What is your DTI? 

Message 6 of 12
Datx
Valued Contributor

From what I know, rebucketing can also happen with Utilization being increased/decreased as well.

I did reply to your other thread on rebucketing found here

Message 7 of 12
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

pardon my rookie question but what is DTI?  Ok I noticed something odd. On my 4/9 report it states a score of 679 and reflects some of my payments. On the 4/10 report it shows a 651 score and my balances are up almost 2k. But that cant be because the accounts that show on the 4/9 have not changed. Something is very screwy here

Message 8 of 12
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

datx, thank you. your link did me wonders and now I have a better understanding. I can push my heart back down into my chest. The bummer is I guess I will have to wait some more to approach amex about my blue cash CLI  ;-(

Message 9 of 12
Datx
Valued Contributor

@aleicgrant wrote:

pardon my rookie question but what is DTI?  Ok I noticed something odd. On my 4/9 report it states a score of 679 and reflects some of my payments. On the 4/10 report it shows a 651 score and my balances are up almost 2k. But that cant be because the accounts that show on the 4/9 have not changed. Something is very screwy here

DTI = Debt to Income ratio.

Just a reminder though, the Walmart TU FICO is a score based on your credit report pulled on the 4th of the month and you are just now being able to view that info today, the 10th. So if those payments you made to your creditors didnt post and also was updated to your credit reports before the 4th. Then its going to look like you have higher Utilization and therefore a lower score compared to the previous month's Walmart TU score.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.