Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart card?

So I badly want a Walmart store card! My current TU score on Credit karma is showing 636. I do have a few baddies including, a Verizon charge off that is now showing as paid. I hate those bleeps. And I have late student loan payments that are now current and good. AND one other charge off from a loan place I used when I was young that is showing as paid.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart card?

First thing I would recommend is getting your Fico scores (not those FAKO from Credit Karma) and then jump over to the Credit Card Approval section and search for Walmart card approvals posts....that will give you the data points needed to see if you should apply.

You can do the trial at CCT for $1 and get all 3 CB scores
Message 2 of 18
RCOH
Regular Contributor

@cmony787 wrote:
First thing I would recommend is getting your Fico scores (not those FAKO from Credit Karma) and then jump over to the Credit Card Approval section and search for Walmart card approvals posts....that will give you the data points needed to see if you should apply.

You can do the trial at CCT for $1 and get all 3 CB scores

+1

Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Credit.com, Quizzel etc are not true Fico scores. You could be close to that or +/- 50 of it. They don't use the real Fico scoring system.

You could also search "credit pulls database" on the web. They have scores that have been approved. You can search by creditor, CRA, score and or state.

Make sure to cancel CCT way before your time is up of the free trial. They have been offering 1/2 when you cancel. You can get all 3 reports (FICO 8) monthly for $15. It includes credit monitoring of your Experian account.

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 3 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

my gf's daughter was approved with a 600 fico tu 08. 1 paid collection.  ymmv

Message 4 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The key is ymmv. I agree with the others, get the true Fico's.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 18
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty sure you will get a store card without issue. Then you can be like me stuck a 220 CL for 2 years Smiley Happy

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 18
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

My scores are in my signature and I was denied for a Walmart card this week Smiley Sad

I really need one, that's where we do all of our shopping! LOL

Starting all over again!
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:

My scores are in my signature and I was denied for a Walmart card this week Smiley Sad

I really need one, that's where we do all of our shopping! LOL

I got my Walmart card with a 620-630 TU score.  I didn't get it the first time I applied, but I applied a month later when my score increased and I had hit a year on my Kohl's card, so I don't know if that made a difference, but that was what was happening for me at the time. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a Wal-Mart card limit $500 my TU score was around 640-650ish
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got mine my score was 600 and I had a derogatory (false collection from hospital mistake). I was approved instantly, given $300 limit with auto increase to $1300 after a few purchases and swift payments. I got it for the gas discount which they no longer offer. (The bums)
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.